What's yer karaoke?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by oriecat, Nov 10, 2003.

1. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Went to karaoke at this lesbian club this weekend. (I'm not a lesbian, but my good buds are. Don't lose hope, boys, I'm still available. ;)) Seems like a lot of people have certain songs that they always like to do when they karaoke. My friend Angela always does "If I could turn back time" by Cher. We usually like to do a group "Love Shack". Other than that, I don't have a regular song, but that's just because I usually don't get drunk enough where I would actually have the courage to get up and sing. But I did this time and I wasn't even drunk, but I needed to scream (2 weeks post-breakup, I needed an outlet) so I did "Zombie" by the Cranberries.

What's your song(s)?

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    That is hysterical!! I would have loved to see that. :LOL:

Really, I've never done karaoke, so I can't say I have one.....I have songs I like to sing along to, though....off the top of my head, I like "Doll Parts" by Hole, so, like you, I could probably get silly-drunk enough to make a fool out of myself doing that one. Then YOU could have a good laugh! :wink:

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

more than words: extreme.

melts em everytime.

note:never actually stepped foot into a sing along bar, but that song does it for a lot of people.

md

4. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have never done karoke, but if I were to I guess " I love this bar" by Toby Keith.

5. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A while back I was seeing a girl who wanted me to go up and sing a song with her for her birthday. I decided "Baby Got Back" would be a good choice...I'm not seeing her anymore.

6. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

haha twist
    thats terrible!

i laughed anyway

hmmm im just picturing mindy at a gay bar
    i wanna take you to a gaaay barrr

i ahvent been to karaoke in yrs. none of my frends will ever go when i suggest it :?

7. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

I got a couple songs i sing when i go out, Three Doors Down, "When i'm Gone", "Pour Some Sugar on Me", I'll occasionally do some Garth Brooks (if drunk enough), and my friends love when i do the Bee Gee's "Stayin Alive"! They claim i got the voice for it, whatever that means LOL

8. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

i've never done karaoke, but since i don't have a pleasing voice (it's not that i can't hit the right notes, cause i can, my voice just isn't appealing) i would most definitely go with something goofy if i were to do anything at all. probably something along the lines of "if you wanna be happy" by jimmy soul. :p in case you're not familiar with it, it starts out:

"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
    Never make a pretty woman your wife
    So from my personal point of view
    Get an ugly girl to marry you..."

cute song. :wink: