What's your ailment?

too many to list. just glad i have nothing major :mrgreen:

Lemme see....Vestibulitis (in remission), Adult Onset Asthma, a littany of issues that wound up with me in surgery (had 104 fever when going into the surgery) and having a uracel (can't spell it) cyst, part of my bladder, about a foot of intestine, and my appendix removed at the same time. Now they claim it was Crohn's although the genetic tests for it all came back negative. Go figure! Doctors need to come with a money back guarantee.

All that and I'm still kickin'!!! God is great!!!:)

I guess I have been very lucky! I had pretty severe asthma as a child, but I outgrew that in my late teens. The biggest issue I have is allergies to all shellfish and a host of antibiotics. I carry an epi-pen just in case because I don't have long to get to a hospital in the event I have a reaction.

I've suffered from depression and anxiety in the past. Luckily most of that was situational (loss of a good friend at age 13 to suicide and then being with an alocholic ex-husband for 5 years). Luckily I am feeling great now, and Aubrey knows that pregnancy hormones equal unexplained fits of crying at times :mrgreen:

It always blows me away how many people we talk to on a daily basis are going through stuff that you have no idea about.

Congrats to everyone on their great attitudes about this stuff, and rock on.

oh wow, my kind of thread!

where to start, hmmm

1) Chronic liver Disease at age 15(fever of 105, jaundice, prospect of transplant)
2) Chronic Stomach Ulcer at age 16(blood, intense stomach pain)
3) Lesions and 3rd degree burns on my retinas and every other part of my eye at age 22.(welding without protection)

thats about it

md

Digital Matt said:
Back pain is no fun. I won't pretend to know your pain, Hobbes and Amanda, but I have had back pain for most of my adult life.

My real burden is having caught a virus at age 20 that infected my heart and destroyed it. I'm now 8 years post heart transplant. It's been a long road, full of bumps and bruises, but I'm enjoying life and just doing the best I can, one day at a time.

Wow Matt, that's intense for someone at only 20. Great attitude toward it though :) I can't imagine how scary or hard that must have been!!! :hugs:

Wow, I had NO idea there were so many people on the board that have to put up with such debilitating ailments, yet you guys still manage to function day-to-day. It's absolutely incredible just how many problems humans can have and still learn to adapt. It seems like some of you guys have had more than your fair share of physical problems. I've been very lucky in that department; it's psychological issues that I've struggled with all my life.

I've always had ADD, as anyone who knows me can attest. I've either lost my car, locked my keys in them, or lost my keys altogether on literally almost EVERY photo outing I've gone on. I've gotten lost driving around more times than I can remember because I can't concentrate on where I'm going for more than a couple minutes at a time. I've always had a very hard time in English courses, or anything else that requires critical reading, because I have an extremely difficult time reading. Much of the time my eyes dart around the page and I have to use a huge amount of mental energy to follow along. My ability to retain information is, needless to say, very bad, and when I have to actually read for more than basic ideas I'm screwed. I've been through multiple psychiatrists and about 8 different ADD meds, and have only improved a bit in that area. I'll probably always have trouble with reading.

I was diagnosed with bipolar near the biginning of my my first year at U of H, and to make a long story short, it was the worst year of my life. I dropped all but one of my courses first semester and had to take a medical withdrawal the next semester. The worst part of it was that I quit music, which had been the love of my life; I just completely lost interest all of a sudden. I haven't touched my trombone in over a year and a half. I took the next semester off entirely, and near the end of it I picked up photography.

I finally broke through this past semester and was able to function well enough to stay in school, although I had an incredibly easy course load. I'm INCREDIBLY lucky I was able to keep my full scholarship or there would have been no way that I could have returned. I'm hoping that I can get through this next semester without relapsing.

Yeah, I know that was an incredibly long and depressing story, but whether you read it or not it feels good to tell it. :mrgreen:

I wear glasses because I have a stigmatism and i'm short sighted - blind ol' kook I am. :lol:

I've also got old war-wounds that keep haunting me particularly on cold days, my left knee in particular after I fell off my mountainbike.

Hmm...

Occasional ringing of my right ear. I guess car audio as my top hobby has its downfalls, eh? Also sprained my left wrist while lifting weights awhile back. Now it hurts from time to time, and I have to wear wrist supports now when excercising.

-Very very very shy until I got a real job when I was 18 or so. Verly slowly It went away.
-I have hyperhidrosis (in my armpits mostly, my hands and feet arent that bad. My back and chest can get itcky sometimes) (excessive sweating)
It's really bad though. My kid sister had it too. She's still on my parent's insurance so she got Botom company to cover most of the cost :( it's really annoying. I have three tanktops for the summer months, and they're all black, the same style. I can't wear anything that hugs the pits because sometimes Drysol doesn't work, epecially light colours.
-My face can turn red at the drop of a hat. Apprently doctors don't know why it happens to people. It's mainly when I'm shy and embarrased of course. but even when I prepare myself and I'm comfortable it happens and it's embarassing. I get really hot and sweaty. Sometimes I don't know and it happens right when someone can just ask me something.
-Acne (face and back, luckily not the chest) from age 12 or so. I'm 23 now, and two eyars ago finally figured out how to control it. It was severe too. I have a lot of oitted scars. I can't afford to fix those either. I really would like botox injections (even though they only last 7-12 months) and chemical peels. Eventually microdermabrasion.
-I have these purple veine things on the outside of my thighs. They hurt sometimes when I lie down, and other times when my boyfriend grabs my thighs (I hate that, he knwos it. He thinks im mistaking it for a tickling feeling.)
-My hips are screwed. i think they will need to be replaced when I'm older. they've been good recently though :) Even for being on my feet and walking at work all day (I work a lot of hours).
-Minor things: I'm pale as hell (I burn in the sun no matter what. My feet tan though!!!), my legs are ugly even when I shave because I can't seem to get close enough. I always say I have thin skin because it seems see-though and you can see stubble even right after shaving.
-My vision has gotten a lot worse int wo years. I'm near sighted. I have glasses. I just need them to read (so far).
-I have a horrible memory :(
-I love hamsters, but I'm allergic to their dander :(
-Even with a little blood loss I usually feel light headed. I donated blood 5 years ago and I will never do it again. Even when getting a blood test it happens. It never happend before the donation.

On a better note: I love my blue eyes and my shoulders :) And I haven't had anything like ADD/ADHD, asthma, chronic back pains, migrains etc.

I had my tonsils removed when I was a child. No biggie. My kid sister had it worse I think.

My nose has been bleeding recently :(

I am very thankful I don't have severe problems. And I hope it doesn't happen in the future. I do also hope everyone gets better, or at least feel better and not worse :)

Thanks for sharing.

Hey spriralout, I was working with the innuit in the arctic I asked one Innuit rangers "how the hell do you find your way around here". The landscape all looks the same to me for 360 degrees around. One of the tips he gave me was to walk a few minutes, and look behind you, that way you can find your way back.

"Look behind" became my mantra. Before I lock that car door, my keys are in my hand and I look into the car. When I finish a job I look behind to make sure I haven't forgot anything, even if its a simple job. When I shoot a site I look behind, ecteria, I think you get the picture. At work I am always multitasking ( extremley ADD unfriendly) I keep notes and review them every couple of hours and before I leave work I triple check everything. "Look behind" is all I have to remember, Good luck Hope this helps.

Cruzin... uh... John... Thanks for sharing your name here.. and thanks for a good advice "look behind,,,:

Biggest pain for me at the moment (litterally and figuratively) is this strange problem with my lungs. Sometimes it feels like someone stabs me in the chest and it really really hurts for about a half minute but it feels like forever. Apparently it's something like pluracy (sp?) but it's not that. And then after the half minute I'm fine again and it's as if nothing happened.

Oooh and hello mentos... didn't recognise you there with that different avatar!

Most reactions

Back