Whats your combo?

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a 5 reel patterson tank that Im finally going to put to work, Im just trying to decide what kind of chemicals I want to go with first.

So it begs the question, what kind of film/chemical combinations are you using? What goes over well, and what would you NOT try again. I have a few rolls from the holga starting to pile up, so I might just use them as a test run to get back into the swing of home developing, then stock up on some hp5 or tri-x.

So let me know all your secrets :sexywink:

Same old boring me....(and cause I get it cheap)....I use D-76 for virtually ALL my film, with the exception of HIE - then it's TMax, all the way. :thumbup:

I keep telling myself I'm gonna try Matt Needham's Diafine method, but haven't bought any yet.

I also use D76, but am going to set up a new darkroom at home and am receptive to using new chem combos.

I use the Arista film developer from Freestyle and Tri-X or the Arista brand B&W film.

My combo ususally involves walking down to Jessops after school.... paying a stupid amount of money for b & w processing and then having to wait 2 weeks because they send it somewhere lol. I would love a dark room.... but, unfortunatly, my parents dont agree..... although this puts me in good stead for asking for a DSLR :D

I use Plus-X and Tri-X in 35mm and 120 roll. Developer is Microdol at 20C for the recommended time and agitation schedule. I've adjusted the other factors [camera/meter calibration] to fit the development. This can and does result in adjustments in print contrast settings for specific negatives.

HP5 in Perceptol is one of my favorites. It also work well for Tri-X and FP4. DD-X is a nice developer for HP5

terri said:
Same old boring me....(and cause I get it cheap)....I use D-76 for virtually ALL my film, with the exception of HIE - then it's TMax, all the way. :thumbup:

I keep telling myself I'm gonna try Matt Needham's Diafine method, but haven't bought any yet.

I've got some diafine lately and well.. it's easy to use and stuff but I prefer the results of D-76 (sure, Tri-X won't be 1600 but I can live with that :D)

almost always D-76 dilluted 1:1, when I want fast film I often use Fomapan 400 and rate it iso 320.....for slow film I use the Arista iso 50 bulk rolled stuff and rate it iso 32 or 40...

For film I use Ilford Pan F, FP4, and HP5, and Kodak Tri-X 400.

I use Arista brand phenidone liquid developer. It's mixed 1:9, and gives similar results as D-76 or ID-11.

I also use Diafine developer for some situations. It deals with high contrast scenes nicely, usually gives a 1 stop ISO boost, isn't affected much by time or temp changes so you can develop different films in the same batch, it's cheap as dirt, and lasts a long, long time. I developed 400+ rolls with my first batch of Diafine. It can be handy stuff, and it sits on the shelf without complaining. I get pretty good results with Tri-X at ISO 1250 in Diafine.

I use TF-4 fixer. This guy explains it better than I can:

http://www.jackspcs.com/tf4.htm

The Diafine and TF-4 instructions reccomend using a water bath instead of an acid stop. Also TF-4 doesn't need Hypo-clear.

Follow the wash with Photo Flo.

I see both adorama and bhphoto wont ship diafine, I ordered some from freestyle, just for a play. I saw some great results from arista.edu ultra (Formapan) souped in diafine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back