Whats your Fav type?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Snyder, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Snyder

Snyder TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok then so what is your favorite type of photography? Studio portraits, Wedding, Sports, Photo Journalism, Crime Scene, Medical, Events photo, or something else?
    My fav kind of photography I do is combat photography, im kind of new to it and im just getting my feet through the door. I have already got several magazine publications I have found. If there is any War Photographys on hear I would love to hear any stories or advice, thanks!

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Anything that catches my eye as a beautiful photo. Whether it's a sunset over the mountains, birds bathing in a puddle, a happy bride, kids playing etc.

Photographs for the sake of photographs. While I apply my own low-key theme to many photos I will do so with any subject.

3. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My mood changes, so does my photographic tastes. I think the most consistent favorite subjects are animals both domestic and wild, and live performances. When the studio is up and running I will get into some other fields again and my tastes might change or be modified somewhat. Basically I shoot whatever is fun and interesting, nothing cast in stone.

4. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My favorite is portraits. I do alot more then just portraits but I love catching expressions on peoples faces and I also like having the time to prepare for the shot so thats another reason too!

5. I like street photography, and variations on photojournalistic story-telling. I would be very interested in combat photography, but I can't get there by subway... so I make do with what's on the other side of town.

6. Seefutlung

Seefutlung TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    journalism/street stuff as that seems the most challenging. I like tough situations which test me both photographically, mentally and physically. In my youth I was a war correspondent.

Gary

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I enjoy editorial work more then anything. For instance. This week I will be shooting a working ranch. The story is "Historic Ranch Tours" that will be offered during this years Fall Arts Festival. Then it is on to "Behind the Scenes" artist studio tours. I am very proud and slightly nervous. It is easy to blow the shots.

Love & Bass

8. Remi M.

Remi M. TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I Like to shoot urban/street scenes, urban architectural abstracts and landscape. Although I find it tough to keep my self interested in landscape so I prefer urban environments.

9. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    For many years, I loved fine art/landscape (urban or rural) type stuff but since moving to the north east about 8 years ago I've developed a love for street photography. Daily travels to New York City can easily spark such an interest.

Combat photography would be exciting but it scares me a bit... not only because it can be dangerous but because I take many things I observe to heart. I'm scared that witnessing such events would just eat me alive.. at the very least, it would make me a darker pessimist than I am already. Kinda reminds me of my abnormal psychology professor (my all time favorite class in college). He was a big shot criminal psycologist for a long time and extremely good at what he does. Unfortunately, he himself just could handle dealing with such topics on a daily basis... he blames his 7 failed marriages on his work. I guess you have to be of strong mind, soul, and spirit to take on such topics.

In reality.. I do anything...it just has to catch my eye. I've got a very limited amount of time (if any) to totally focus on photography (hopefully I can improve on that in a year or so). So in essense, beggers can't be choosers.

10. Jon, The Elder

Jon, The Elder TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I shoot horse events. It is the biggest challenge I've encountered in 40+ years of shooting.

Sit a biped on a quadruped and you've got your work cut out for you.