Whats Your Favorite Lens

so i am a half noob but right now i have a 17-70mm (somethign like that lol) and the siggy (stole the word and i love it) 135-400mm. I use my sony stock the most but i am planning on getting either a 20mm siggy prime or a sonny 50mm 1.4

My Canon EF 24-105 f4 L IS is the one that spends the most time attached to a camera, but as far as a favourite I'd go with my 35-350 f3.5-5.6 L. It's old and weighty to carry, but I love the range and quality.

Presently and I say that because I can't wait to get the Pentax 16-50 and 50-135 both f2.8 shortly are the 21, 40 and 70 Pentax Limited lenses and the Pentax 12-24 lenses. I love the 40 for full silhouette fashion shots as well as portraits. The 21 for fashion ambient stuff. The 70 Limited for portraits and the 12-24 to get me out of a tight spot.

But if I had to choose only one it would have to be the 40mm Limited Pancake Lens...

Ben

any 50mm, for being the one that is more like one's eyesight. it teaches best to look, and that's what photography is all about, after all, isn't it?

Definitely the F4.5 Anastigmat on my (Beloved!) Argoflex E. Mainly because of the camera itself, though.

Canon 24-70 L F2.8 USM.
great all round use. good for portraits, landscapes and it's fast so it's rarely off my 5D.
Me too, best all-around lens for my Canon 5D.

On the Leica, it's the 28mm Elmarit f/2.8 ASPH.... or the 50mm Noctilux. Hard to say. I kind of got the Leica so I could shoot with the Nocti. Fierce lens.

My favourite lens is quite easily my Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited. It's great for people shots; nice and sharp, creamy bokeh, good colour...what's not to love!

My Aunt:
IMGP4312-1.jpg

8 Euro Gelato:
IMGP4700.jpg

Some Flowers:
IMGP4861.jpg

In 35mm, the Pentax SMC f1.2 is wonderful.

As far as I'm concerned, the Pentax 120mm Macro for the 645 is the sharpest MF lens on the planet.

I also love my 85mm Rodenstock Heligon.

The sharpest lens I've ever seen in 35mm would be the Nokton f1.0

And the sharpest in LF would probably the Schneider Super Angulon

Most reactions

Back