What's YOUR favorite scary movie?

Pre-Loved. said:
Well my first scary movie was Scream/Candy Man in one night...I was 10or 12years old...can't really remember. I thought Candy Man was scarier that scream, although they will probably seem amatuer by today standards...

I will admit since that night I've never been fond of scary movies, but my friends in an effort to break my fear take me to every scary movie...but they now know my limits after taking me to Saw and then having to pay for extra cleaning coz I threw up in the movies I was so scared.

I know Constantine wasn't a scary movie, but I was tricked into seeing it, and it...surprised me and there was blood...so I cried, and lucky for my boyfriend at the time I had sharp fingernails and he still has the scars in his palm.

The new omen was crap...but I did laugh when the chick gets hit by the car

THe grudge 2 is scary, with the occassional funny bit..

The scariest movie though would be a japanese film called Hypnosis....OH MY GOSH....THose japanese know how to make one freaky film...I guess the originals of the grudge and the ring series are the sorts of scary movies that Hollywood aspires to recreate, I just wish they could do it with some originality.

OOOOOH!!!! CANDYMAN! I FORGOT ABOUT CANDY MAN! I haven't seen that since I was a kid.....I should see that sometime soon.

Pre-Loved. said:
Well my first scary movie was Scream/Candy Man in one night...I was 10or 12years old...can't really remember. I thought Candy Man was scarier that scream, although they will probably seem amatuer by today standards...

I will admit since that night I've never been fond of scary movies, but my friends in an effort to break my fear take me to every scary movie...but they now know my limits after taking me to Saw and then having to pay for extra cleaning coz I threw up in the movies I was so scared.

I know Constantine wasn't a scary movie, but I was tricked into seeing it, and it...surprised me and there was blood...so I cried, and lucky for my boyfriend at the time I had sharp fingernails and he still has the scars in his palm.

The new omen was crap...but I did laugh when the chick gets hit by the car

THe grudge 2 is scary, with the occassional funny bit..

The scariest movie though would be a japanese film called Hypnosis....OH MY GOSH....THose japanese know how to make one freaky film...I guess the originals of the grudge and the ring series are the sorts of scary movies that Hollywood aspires to recreate, I just wish they could do it with some originality.

I agree- the japanese can make a mean scary movie. Saw one call "The Eye". Very freaky, though watching it with subtitles was kind of a bummer.

John Carpenter's The Thing.
It was the first scary movie i watched when i was pretty young scared the crap out of me. Bought it not that long ago on dvd had not watched again since the first time i had seen it but still pretty much remembered it all.

Scary should be closer defined. My first reaction is "Apocalypse Now" by the incomparable Francis Coppolla. On the horror end I would say anything directed by Wes Craven. On the occult scary I would have to agree with the Exorcist and the Blair Witch Project. Political scary is no question Rodger and Me by Michael Moore.

Movies scare me constantly. I nearly wet myself during certain scenes in Scorsese's The Departed.

Most reactions

Back