What's your next new camera?

Current D3300, future something better at high ISO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
As a guy that owns D750 and D3300 I can tell you if you really want to get better ISO performance is just go FF because the D3300 is actually fantastic in high ISO comparing to other APS-C cameras

My next camera will be a Nikon D610 which I plan to add to my D750 for events, currently I am using my D3300 as second body but once I get more work I will replace the D3300 with a D610 and keep the D3300 as a backup camera.

But my dream is the D750 replacement which I hope will have the D500 AF system
Nikon will have gone bust by then

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

As a guy that owns D750 and D3300 I can tell you if you really want to get better ISO performance is just go FF because the D3300 is actually fantastic in high ISO comparing to other APS-C cameras
I have looked into that and it's an option. I'm a ways from doing an upgrade. Overall, the D3300 does what I need it to do considering my low level skill set.

I have looked into that and it's an option. I'm a ways from doing an upgrade. Overall, the D3300 does what I need it to do considering my low level skill set.

And it should prove a reliable and faithful companion for that time, while the D3300 might be light on goodies its sensor is more then enough to compensate for that and overall its much more then just an entry level camera which it is in a way simply because its the cheapest DSLR Nikon currently have.
It is actually the most popular DSLR in Amazon passing even the mighty Canon.

Last edited:
What camera are you currently eyeing and hoping to get? (realistically)
I'm not actually eyeing any camera right now, though I'm impressed by the D500.

I'm waiting for:

- The Fuji Digital Medium format camera thats in the rumors to be revealed at photokina
- The D750 successor thats due in the second half of this year, or beginning next year. This is the closest camera in existence to my personal ideas about it.
- The D810 successor thats due in the next months. Depening upon how much Nikon will change about this camera, this might end up being a better choice for me.
- In principle I'm also very interested in the Df successor but Nikon would have to change a lot about it so my optimism is not too high. I would want it to be a 12 Megapixel lowlight monster with exchangeable focusing screens and a real, D5x00 style flipscreen.

But if none of these cameras can convince me, I'll happily keep using my D750. Overall I have little to complain about it. Its really not unlikely I'll just keep using the D750.

A D750 or D810 or Df successor that would convince me to be a substantial improvement would be my primary camera, while the D750 would stay as a backup. I always wanted two full frame cameras so I would have less lens switching.

The Fuji Digital Medium Format on the other hand would be rather my fun camera for special occasions, while I would keep the D750 as a workhorse.

I was given a Canon 6D almost two years ago. Absolutely love it. Can't imagine ever giving it up.
I would love to have the 7D II to go with it for my sports and wildlife photography.

Just got a D7200 around Christmas, and it's working pretty well for me right now. Not sure if I want to snag the D500 after prices come down a little and issues have been worked out, or go full frame. I guess I'll see if Nikon wants to release anything new before next year's tax returns. New glass is probably on the list too, but that list is never ending.

Just got a D7200 around Christmas, and it's working pretty well for me right now. Not sure if I want to snag the D500 after prices come down a little and issues have been worked out, or go full frame. I guess I'll see if Nikon wants to release anything new before next year's tax returns. New glass is probably on the list too, but that list is never ending.
it really depends on what you want to photograph

Not sure if I want to snag the D500 after prices come down a little and issues have been worked out, or go full frame.
Not aware anyone reported any issues with the D500 yet.

New glass is probably on the list too, but that list is never ending.
Really ? How so ?

Personally I have a pair of workhorse zooms, wide and tele, and a prime trinity including a macro, and also a 300mm for head portraits. I think I'm all set, really.

Not sure if I want to snag the D500 after prices come down a little and issues have been worked out, or go full frame.
Not aware anyone reported any issues with the D500 yet.

New glass is probably on the list too, but that list is never ending.
Really ? How so ?

Personally I have a pair of workhorse zooms, wide and tele, and a prime trinity including a macro, and also a 300mm for head portraits. I think I'm all set, really.
My GF has a 300mm f/2.8
I'm not sure what they feed you but that lens is really heavy. And you'll have to yell at your subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back