What's your Niche?

Virtually every subject I shoot is nude, and I have never been even slightly aroused by any of them.

Oh wait, I shoot pictures of animals.

Still... all in all I guess it is a good thing they don't arouse me :)

Apparently you haven't shot a platypus. :eyebrows:

Oh yeah...

Oh.... men. That's different. Men love getting naked photos done.
Lucky - I always have to pay to be able to shoot an attractive member of my opposite sex!

What type of men are willing to get naked? I need to be schooled on having a man pose naked for free and then afterwards leave me alone. What's a great opening line...:lol:

sabbath999 :lmao: Funny are you!!!

Leech - Do you prefer faces to bodies...?

Claff - What's your favorite car?

Claff - What's your favorite car?

Loaded question whose answer could change many times a day! One day I'd like to have a Lotus Seven or one of the more faithful knock-offs. Also have a soft spot for older Corvettes, random small English convertibles, and, more recently, Mazda Miatas.

I don't shoot any of those though. Me and the missus cover a minor-league NASCAR series that use what are pretty much Nationwide Series cars or old Nextel Cup (pre-Car of Tomorrow) cars. When they're done right, they can photograph very well:

071019ac30.jpg

070818ac12.jpg

080606ac05.jpg

080518ac45.jpg

But I digress

That's hot!... I bet you love what you do...

I don't shoot any of those though. Me and the missus cover a minor-league NASCAR series that use what are pretty much Nationwide Series cars or old Nextel Cup (pre-Car of Tomorrow) cars. When they're done right, they can photograph very well:

How do you get into that? I think its something I would enjoy. :)

I love shooting people. I run a studio in Bountiful Utah, is just outside of SLC and on a main street so I get higher income clients also. I shoot couples, kids, business portraits, missionaries (hey... its Utah), family groups etc... I love shooting them, but my real passion lies in Weddings and graduating Seniors.

Weddings are one of my favorite things to shoot, I would love to do one every day. There is something about weddings and capturing the huge array of emotions that play out through the day. Wedding images are also a true art, all my idol photographers tend to be incredible wedding photogs.

And Seniors are just fun to shoot... they always have different hobby's and personalities that are great to uncover and really let shine in a photograph. I've met some really fun seniors.

As far as hobbies I like shooting cars (I'm not incredible at it) but I love fine european cars. But my Niche is most definitely people.

For me I think landscapes and panoramas will be my main focus....I love taking pictures of great landscapes and panoramas, I try to do some macros. Also I try to do Night panoramas and night shots.

How do you get into that? I think its something I would enjoy. :)

It's not hard to start. Like the racers, it's easiest to start at the lower levels and work your way up. At your local half-miler you can buy a pit pass and shoot around the people working on cars, and at some you can get on-track shots without needing a special pass.

Once you have some shots you can contact a racing trade paper (Gater Racing News, National Speed Sport, Area Auto, etc) and say you'd like to send them some stuff. Solicit feedback and then work that into "I could shoot better stuff if I had credentials, hint hint" and they'll most likely go to bat for you, again starting small at the local tracks, but once they know what you're capable of you can say "hey I like shooting at Podunk Speedrome but I'd like a crack at East Podunk Superspeedway" - if your area big track hosts Indycar or something not quite NASCAR Cup you'll have pretty good chances of getting in, and just like before, start small and work your way up.

Keep a good attitude. We shoot for a half a dozen race teams every week, with zero advertising/selling. We shoot a lot, put the best stuff on our site and people sought us out saying how much they'd love to have our pictures every week, please let us pay you. It doesn't hurt that we've been around this particular series for ten years, spent a lot of time around the pits being visible, and work hard to make sure we're on everyone's good side so the word of mouth surrounding us is overwhelmingly positive. Once you get a client, take care of him, get him his stuff good and fast and, since this is a pretty close-knit series where everyone knows each other and everyone talks to each other, if one team is looking for a photog then your name will get brought up more often than not and with no "he's good, but..." stuff. Keep shooting for the paper so you get in the tracks for free, shoot a bunch of stuff, budget a day or two after the race to take care of the paying customers, and most importantly keep everybody happy so they keep paying you and bring you more business.

Or something like that.

My niche is taking good photographs ;)

I'm staging a hostile takeover of what editorial fashion market there is in my area. In fact, there's such a small market that I may just have to open one. Guess you could call that my niche.

my niche in photography changes just as often as my mood does... it all just depends on what i feel like shooting...
but to be more specific---i'm usually in the mood for shooting people--candid--photoJ style--in the moment...

portrait photography is my niche. i was tried most of the photography, but portraits is best

Weddings are one of my favorite things to shoot, I would love to do one every day. There is something about weddings and capturing the huge array of emotions that play out through the day. Wedding images are also a true art, all my idol photographers tend to be incredible wedding photogs.

How do you stop from joining the party??? I like weddings … well the eating and drinking portion honestly. How often do you make it to the open bar?:)

Most reactions

Back