What's your poison

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There's been lots of talk these days about alchohol.

Let's talk about it more.

Beers
Wines
Spirits

What are you favourite/recommendations/disgusts.

Personally I love Stella Artois/Heineken/Sleeman Cream Ale/Keiths

For wines I'm partial to Australian, Yellow Tail, Little Penguin Merlot's and Wolfe Blas has a great white wine. I know I've had some great shiraz lately, but my best friend always orders them cause she wears the pants in the relationship.

If liquor is in order, i'm loving the Jamaican Rum. And Canadian Club Rye. Or Crown Royal.

I know, I'm a great topic starter, even though I'm sure you've had this conversation before.

Well, my normal pub tipple is Guinness, or if it's an ale type place then Harvey's Sussex if it hasn't got twigs or crud in it. On a session I have been known to follow these with a hefty shot of Paddy Old Irish Whiskey (or two).

If it's aperitif time then it's G&T - always Tanqueray Ten or Bombay Dry - never Gordon's (shudder).

Then of course you might need a Red Bull and Voddie (it's ok to use Smirnoff in VR).

Bison Vodka and Apple Juice or Pimms for a summer's day.

mmmmm beer! Oh and beer has to be more than 4% alcohol really, none of that American rubbish :lol:

Rob

Kahlua + Rum is really great. :thumbup: (unofficially ;) )

I also like a good redwine... I don't really like white wine, it's too sweet.

Daniel said:
White Lightning...preferably in November...at 11 in the evening...on a park bench.

Classy!

You just reminded me of being 14 and drinking MD 20/20 and Thunderbird. Still makes me choke just thinking of it.

Really enjoy Murphy's Irish stout. Regularly drink Bass and Killians

I'm a big wino for Reislings and Syrahs lately.

Won't turn down a good scotch or bourbon.

Cannot stomach anything with Tequila or Vodka. Both just make me ill.

robhesketh said:
Oh and beer has to be more than 4% alcohol really, none of that American rubbish :lol:

Rob

Teehee. Decent Canadian beer is usually around 5%-%5.5. If the content is low, you just drink faster, and piss more. It's really not that bad.

If the content is low, you just drink faster, and piss more. It's really not that bad.
Just look at it as medicinal purposes. Cleans the old pipes out. :)

robhesketh said:
Classy!

You just reminded me of being 14 and drinking MD 20/20 and Thunderbird. Still makes me choke just thinking of it.

Ok can we just get it straight that i don't actually do that.

I like most varietals of red wine, with the exception of Bordeaux (much to my husband's chagrin, as we have quite a bit of it in the cellar). I like to drink a delicate, hifalutin' burgundy with a fabulous meal, and also knock back a high-octane ;) spicy red zinfandel with a pizza. :drool:

Beers: I tend to like wheat beers and lagers, nothing too bitter, and it really is best from the tap. No canned beer. :thumbdown: ew.

I only like tequila and rum, generally. Nothing like scotch or bourbon tastes good to me. :)

Lets see, for Beer, Corona is the regularly stocked beer of choice at home but when I go out I'm always on the lookout for a smooth amber ale. Alaskan Red (Amber?) is a favorite at the Yard House.

The hard stuff I don't experiment too much with because there's always a story afterwards that never ends well. But I do spike my Dr Pepper with Seagrams 7 and I handle Cuervo OK so the occasional shot is had along with margaritas.

Never been a wine person but found Black Stone Merlot to be pretty good (and cheap). And then there is Rex Goliath Merlot that I recently discovered that's pretty good too. It's the house wine at the little Italian restaraunt Photogoddess and I frequent and a few bottles have been had ;)

Daniel said:
Ok can we just get it straight that i don't actually do that.

Uh huh? I think you do. I think you also like to stand outside McDonalds in your hoodie with all of your posse drinking the aforementioned over-strength cider. Got your number sonny.

robhesketh said:
Uh huh? I think you do. I think you also like to stand outside McDonalds in your hoodie with all of your posse drinking the aforementioned over-strength cider. Got your number sonny.
:biglaugh: Rob, you crack me up.

Corona with lime at home, pear cider when out at the Yard House and some fancy beer I can't spell with a slice of lemon when available elsewhere. :D I've never been much of a wine drinker but that Blackstone Merlot and that Rex-Goliath 47lb Rooster Merlot at our favorite little Italian place Malachite mentioned are both good.

I like Captain Morgan and diet coke as an after work relaxing drink. An occasional tequila shot with a margarita is ok but I try not to drink too much in general cause hangovers aren't pretty or fun.

Most reactions

Back