What's your poison

I'm glad to say I have appeared on both chav scum and scally central and I have multiple jewellry pieces from the immortal... Elizabeth duke, including a chain with "Ben Sherman" pendant and an sovereign ring, accompanied on the next finger by an "official England Football Club 3 Lions Ensignia".

As a reformed alcoholic (twice now, I'm sad to say) I take a rather dim view of this thread. It is promoting a life-destroying insidious poison.
Go here and get help
http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/

Unfortunately I can't resist tequila slammers... or absinthe... vodka... whisky... gin... champagne....
Strike that. I CAN resist the aforementioned. Sadly...

Hertz van Rental said:
As a reformed alcoholic (twice now, I'm sad to say) I take a rather dim view of this thread. It is promoting a life-destroying insidious poison.
Go here and get help
http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/

Unfortunately I can't resist tequila slammers... or absinthe... vodka... whisky... gin... champagne....
Strike that. I CAN resist the aforementioned. Sadly...
awww.... :hug:: And here you were, trying only yesterday to get the keys to my wine cellar. :whip:

As the ex-wife of a recovering alcoholic I don't drink either. I've enjoyed the occasional Corona with a lime and some girly type flavored wine cooler things but that's about it. Now, hot chocolate or Starbucks coffee....:drool:

PlasticSpanner said:
Do they still make Mad Dog?:shock: Had many a scarey night drinking that "pop" when I was younger!:lol:
I can top that with a good old fashioned "I used to take home-made cider to school in an old Tango bottle and drink it at break times". Erm, that's not good, is it? I thought it made me cool, it didn't.
Funn yt hing is though, I never got caught. But the time I DID get checked was when I took a can of cream soda to school and it looked like acan of lager. :meh:

Home Made Cider = Apple Tango + Hovis Bread Yeast ?

Purely for hypothetical purposes, I have no planss to make it....

Daniel said:
Home Made Cider = Apple Tango + Hovis Bread Yeast ?

Purely for hypothetical purposes, I have no planss to make it....
Nah, it was the proper kit stuff. I got a home brew keg for my 15 birthday, I think. Around that time anway. It was ****ing tastey to. I still have some bottled beer from years and years ago out there. I may crack open a bottle when I'm brave enough., It'll probably be waaaaaaaaaaaay out of date by now though. But then again, so was that Baileys I just had...

Never drank much, not at all since my kidney transplant in '92. Nothing like a little life altering experience to change a habit or two. The most I drank was a glass of dry red with pizza. Now its diet coke. I am of a similar mind as Van on this one. I am sort of boring I guess, sorry.

jstuedle said:
Never drank much, not at all since my kidney transplant in '92. Nothing like a little life altering experience to change a habit or two. The most I drank was a glass of dry red with pizza. Now its diet coke. I am of a similar mind as Van on this one. I am sort of boring I guess, sorry.

I'll be boring with ya.

My first choice is a good beer (Yuengling is our standard stock, but this time of year a good Oktoberfest like Spaten or Sam Adams is great)
But I also love a good Whiskey. Crown Royal, Canadian Limited, Jack Daniels...

Mmmm...And I always try not to post when I'm a few deep...Vicky... :mrgreen:

Corona on the road, except this last trip to Boston Samuel Adams, and Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale at home. Always enjoy a good beer after work.

Eric :cheers:

My step mother was an alchoholic. I'd probably be one if I could a) afford to be b) have the energy to get to the liquor store.

...Thank god for lazy ness.

Plus I'm concentrating on squashing other habits.

robhesketh said:
mmmmm beer! Oh and beer has to be more than 4% alcohol really, none of that American rubbish :lol:

You'll get no argument from me... The big 3 breweries here are awful. But there is good American beer--Yuengling, Sam Adams, Capitol, Killians, Sierra Nevada. Give us a chance... :greenpbl:

Oh, and if you're looking for a good beer to try, visit TOBP.com

Most reactions

Back