Wheel line C&C please :)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by kayliana, Apr 14, 2010.

1. kayliana

kayliana TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Is it for irrigation purposes?
    Though this may be an interesting subject, with nice elements such as repetition and a leading line given, I don't feel your photo worked them out well enough. All in all it lacks in "thrill" - it is divided in two almost equal halves by the horizon line and the line of those "wheels" doesn't do anything much to counter that, either. All in all, this photo leans towards "boring" and shouts out "There are so many different ways to take me!"

Can you go back and try again?

3. kayliana

kayliana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, I can go back. I was thinking it may be boring because it was also a gloomy day? Not sure, just a thought.

4. white

white TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I don't think the diagonal view works here because after the second wheel you can't see much else because of the background. The photo is not strong because there is no strong compositional element that gets my attention. The irrigation line struggles to stand out from the background, no texture because the subject is too far away (because you wanted to get the full wheel in the frame), and the wheel pattern does not work because of your camera angle -- the first wheel cuts through the second.

Decide what you want to emphasize. Look at the center of that first wheel. What if you got in really close so that center joint became the subject of the photograph and those diagonal lines moved out of the frame. Put the background out of focus and shoot against the clouds for an uncluttered background.

This seems like a difficult photograph to make successfully. Best advice I can offer is to determine what you want to emphasize and simplify everything else.