Wheelies!

bucciboo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just started my first photography class, ergo I have been taking pictures of anything and everything. While doing laundry this weekend I partook in crawling around on the floor and got these shots of laundry cart wheels. I really like the subject matter, but I am concerned about the composition and focus. What would make this pictures better technically?

Any comments would be appreciated!

382851617_83ff3a3fea.jpg

382853360_bea65f6329.jpg

382853047_f3f2182a1c.jpg

well the subject is pretty icky, but photo-wise the first two are brilliant.

Hey bucciboo, welcome to ThePhotoForum, and congratulations on your chance of taking photography classes!

Normally we would say (see also the Critique_Forum_FAQs) to only post one photo up for critique in this very forum, but I will for once let these three pass as they are part of a series, or I will consider them to be part of a series, so they can be critiqued all three in one go.

And as a study in DOF (depth of field), focus, and the use of window light inside rooms they all three are really good. Nothing to be critiqued here. Least of all the first and the last, since with their blurred but still well recognisable background they give the necessary context and tell a story.

Though my personal favourite is the study of detail in the second photo here. But I do appreciate the bokeh of the other two!

Nothing much I can say here except ew. Nice DOF, but that's all there is to these pictures.

Interesting subject! The first one is nice, but the wall looks a bit hot IMO. The 2nd one is my fave, but the crop cuts out most of the RH part of the image, would have liked to see more. Same goes for #3, the wheel is cropped out, but overall is a neat shot.

Good looking out! Especially in a laundromat. I love the grime and the fabric caught in the wheels. The second frame is definitely the strongest. The shallow DOF works with such a detailed subject.

Except for the first shot I think they are heavy on the yellow side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back