Wheels 92

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Let me know what you think about this shot.

wheels926uu.jpg

Immediate thoughts?

Instant love.

All I would wish for was a bit more shadow in the snow at the bottom to define that bottom a little more (like is happening in the righthand bottom corner). That's all.

But since love is meant to be unconditional, I'll just keep loving this. It is sooo wonderfully simple in its composition and choice of motif. And the snow is perfectly exposed. What else can I do but fall in love.

And it is not even green! :shock:

:biggrin:

Thanks!!!!!!! Again I think I killed the detail in the snow. I have a problem with that. I want the snow to be white, but I think the eye needs some detail.

I am afraid that we will not be seeing anything green until July. That is ok because we can really really use the water that it produces when it melts.

I think the detail in the snow is spot on! I mean, snow in the sun is bright so when you are in the snow you find it hard to see detail. In this picture there is not one blown highlight :shock: you can see the texture of it as well as the humps and bumps :)

I once had a jigsaw that was very similar to this - I didn't finish it :(

I really like it!
And I think that a quick 'burn' in PS would bring out the detail that is already there.

even in this smaller image on an LCD screen, i am picking up some detail... i like the contrast of the dark wheels/spokes, and i like the mystery of what's under the surface of this several feet of snow...

great shot craig, really well composed :thumbup:

I think it's beautiful. Would be interesting to see how it would look if the sun were a little lower in the sky.

This was shot around 2 p.m. I think I would have liked some long shadows as well. I also agree that it is a little tight. The location is a farm machine display of sorts at a local restaurant. Cropped tight, because of various objects protruding from the snow. I was going for a lonely stark feel.

Thanks again everyone! I love the word "framer" Nancy. I am still cracking up at Donner Party. Thanks THORHAMMER.

Most reactions

Back