When a man loves a woman

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's proof that a good man will do anything for the lady he loves. Shortly before their wedding date, Logan, a Firefighter had a horrible knee injury which required surgery. He was told that he would have to be in a wheelchair during the scheduled time of his and Kathleen's wedding. Did he postpone the wedding?
Nope!
Did he get married in a wheel chair? With the aid of crutches, or even a leg brace?
Nope!
Fueled by pure love for the beautiful Kathleen, he walked down the aisle, and just as manly and touching, cried when he saw her enter the chapel. He stood tall and steady during the vows and ring exchange. He even braved through the formal photography.
After entering the reception, and surprising Kathleen with a first dance (she hadn't thought him able), even the pain meds couldn't keep him on his feet any longer. Finally this calendar model Fireman couldn't stay on his feet any longer, and enjoyed much of the rest of the reception from his wheelchair.
But low and behold, when it was time to cut the cake, or throw the garter, or perform the last dance, or participate in the leave, he hobble from his wheelchair for a moment. He was afraid that his being in the chair would ruin the perfect wedding Kathleen had planned. Kathleen of course was worried for him and begged him back to the chair.
Now that is two people who totally love each other!

davblog02.jpg

davblog03.jpg

davblog04.jpg

davblog05.jpg

Agreed! And, Cindy, your images are always so well executed!

Cloud,

I knew about that, I was just being smartalek...

Many years ago, early 1970's, he was in concert at the old auditorium at Ga State University. I shot that concert for a paper. Also shot several other concerts such as Elton John, Carpenters, and Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Cloud,

Oh, ok. Actually, it was funny for me because that was not the song I had in mind at all. I was looking for it by Jacintha but what she sings is the song from the movie "A man and a Woman." :D My brain sometimes works in mysterious ways...

Cloud,

Many years ago, early 1970's, he was in concert at the old auditorium at Ga State University. I shot that concert for a paper. Also shot several other concerts such as Elton John, Carpenters, and Paul Revere and the Raiders.

That's cool! I would have loved to have shot those concerts!

Thanks Pugs. :) How do ya like that garter catch...LOL. I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks Pugs. :) How do ya like that garter catch...LOL. I've never seen anything like it.
HAH! That might be my favorite of the set, actually! Everyone standing around and ONE guy doing a full on body dive for it! And, Henri Cartier-Bresson would so proud of how you captured that "decisive moment" just before the body hits the floor!

YOU are an amazing wedding photographer! In my opinion, this should be stickied for all of those people who want to shoot weddings cause they have a camera. For most people, it's a once in a life time thing and this is how the shots should look!

YOU are an amazing wedding photographer!

Thank you Big!!!! That is a wonderful compliment!

Oh, you added more. Wow! Thanks again! I totally agree that it's a once in a lifetime huge responsibility thing. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back