4-8.jpg

6-7.jpg

17-7.jpg

23-7.jpg

28-2.jpg

30-5.jpg

31-4.jpg

38-1.jpg

some of them look blurry and noisy when I converted them to JPEG...but you get the idea.

If they're blurry and noisy, why post them? I can see that you're trying, but you're trying wayyyy too hard. Slow down a little and think about what you're doing. Not every shot is going to be a winner. I'd like to set a challenge for you. Tomorrow, spend the day shooting, but don't take any people pictures. Not one! Shoot anything but, and for Monday post your two best images from that exercise. Remember to think before you click... Is the focus right? DoF adequate? Shutter-speed suitable? Am I metering for optimal exposure?

If they're blurry and noisy, why post them? I can see that you're trying, but you're trying wayyyy too hard. Slow down _a little and think about what you're doing. Not every shot is going to be a winner. I'd like to set a challenge for you. Tomorrow, spend the day shooting, but don't take any people pictures. Not one! Shoot anything but, and for Monday post your two best images from that exercise. Remember to think before you click... Is the focus right? DoF adequate? Shutter-speed suitable? Am I metering for optimal exposure?
If you go back in time I tried this same exercise once. She doesn't like to shoot inanimate objects and throws the lesson out the window because its no fun.

If they're blurry and noisy, why post them? I can see that you're trying, but you're trying wayyyy too hard. Slow down _a little and think about what you're doing. Not every shot is going to be a winner. I'd like to set a challenge for you. Tomorrow, spend the day shooting, but don't take any people pictures. Not one! Shoot anything but, and for Monday post your two best images from that exercise. Remember to think before you click... Is the focus right? DoF adequate? Shutter-speed suitable? Am I metering for optimal exposure?
If you go back in time I tried this same exercise once. She doesn't like to shoot inanimate objects and throws the lesson out the window because its no fun.
Fair enough....

I think your using multi auto focus. Try using just the centre point focus on the eyes/face and recompose.

I think your using multi auto focus. Try using just the centre point focus on the eyes/face and recompose.

We have been there and done that.... maybe you can teach her in a way we haven't tried yet? Good luck! :)

make your logo smaller... your GIANT SIZED PICTURESQUE really takes away from the photo... i feel like im reading a magazine

Awesome, I just knew if you turned your images b&w and added vignetting all the issues you've had will go away. I am positive you will receive so many more pleasant critiques on this thread.
Good Luck:thumbup:

Awesome, I just knew if you turned your images b&w and added vignetting all the issues you've had will go away. I am positive you will receive so many more pleasant critiques on this thread.
Good Luck:thumbup:

:thumbup:

I must say this: the first letter of each word in the OP's watermark/logo is just INCREDIBLY distracting. I've seen many,many,many different watermarks, but this one is, in my opinion, THE most-distracting one I have ever seen. It's simply overpowering. I can barely even get past the watermark to evaluate each image...it's that bothersome to me.

It's so interesting to see the commentary on this woman's work.

It's as if nobody's noticing that she's making absolutely fantastic images. Stop obsessing with the focus, the exposure, and the weird effects and the vignettes and the logo, all of which are pretty awful I agree.

LOOK at the PHOTO. Her timing is damn near magical. That first photograph? Sure, it's a little soft (which actually works fine with the subject matter) but the moment she's nailed down? That's special and rare. Not to be calling anyone out specifically, but I haven't seen much work here on TPF that comes even close.

The watermark shows the level of taste is at zero. Something else to learn, as it applies to photography as well.
The knowing what looks good, when it looks good, and why it looks good will take 10 times longer to learn than achieving consistent focus.

Also, if your posts repeatedly have the disclaimer that they are soft and noisy because of conversion, you are doing it wrong, and discovered something else you have to learn to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back