"When I grow up" B&W version....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You even said this, Mleek. I seriousely feel hurt and surprised by your replies.

"The ones by the window are beautiful!
I REALLY like the series of your older daughter.
I see you are still REALLY having a hard time with that focus and it seems that your camera is locking onto often the blow in the hair-which is a HUGE contrast point.
You have the D3100 right? I am going to see if I can find anything on specific focus issues with the D3100 doing this and how to overcome it.

I have a diffuser thingy that Lumiquest gave me several of for students. It's actually for a pop up flash, however I find they work nicely on a speedlight too. give me an address and I'll stick it in the mail this week.

I am going to TRY to get back to you in detail today... I do have some time still today... I THINK... But then you know how the holidays can take over! LOL! I also have a bunch of e-books I had uploaded for another "student" at one time.
If I don't get back to you I hope you guys have a beautiful Christmas

Last edited by a moderator:
How could you say that you were becoming frustrated with me and I wasn't listening? Clearly you had given me some advice, I took it, and you were pleased..............this is like a Jeckle and Hyde situation.

Okay, so Jaemi..let me ask you. I shot these in shutter priority ...

Photo #1:

Date Time Original2012:07:19 14:10:05
Exposure Time1/200
F Numberf / 4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Ratings6400
Metering ModeSpot
FlashFlash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length50mm
White BalanceManual white balance

It appears you shot in Manual, not Shutter Priority.

Obviousely, in shutter priority , it chose the aperture...

You were in Manual, so you chose the aperture. I would have tried a larger f-stop.

Mleek you also said this

"Re: Here's a few...
There is some great improvement in there!!! I'll try to get to them closer today... I should still have some time before Holiday Hell breaks out!"

How could you possibly be reacting this way now? It's out of the blue!

See, MLEEk...I did shoot with a higher ISO AS YOUR INTERPRETER SHOWS.. and a fast shutter speed. How can you say I didn't take that advice?

Upping your shutter speed and ISO is not the same as shooting in shutter priority.

. I shot in shutter priority to make sure this was the case! AS RECOMMENDED. 4. I rasied the ISO instead of using external light sources AS PER RECOMMENDATION! What gives?

Yes, for these I'm sorry I shot in manual but my other shoots were not.

Kieth, anyone? Can you take the link out of that post please?

You even said this, Mleek. I seriousely feel hurt and surprised by your replies.

"The ones by the window are beautiful!
I REALLY like the series of your older daughter.
I see you are still REALLY having a hard time with that focus and it seems that your camera is locking onto often the blow in the hair-which is a HUGE contrast point.
You have the D3100 right? I am going to see if I can find anything on specific focus issues with the D3100 doing this and how to overcome it.

I have a diffuser thingy that Lumiquest gave me several of for students. It's actually for a pop up flash, however I find they work nicely on a speedlight too. give me an address and I'll stick it in the mail this week.

I am going to TRY to get back to you in detail today... I do have some time still today... I THINK... But then you know how the holidays can take over! LOL! I also have a bunch of e-books I had uploaded for another "student" at one time. Here is Neil VanNiekerk's flash books... I have about a hundred or two more I'll look thru and upload if I think they will help.
If I don't get back to you I hope you guys have a beautiful Christmas

THAT is the frustrating part. You do it all. For a minute. Then you seem to toss it out the window.

okay, Jamie...thanks. If I chose a larer f-stop, then how, being I shot at pretty much the highest ISO possible, would I have remained at a fast shutter speed of 1/200?

this is actually helpful ....

So when exactly did I toss it out the window? We stopped talking, and bascially my progress might have stopped because of that. I then got conflicting advice on here and prob got lost again.

Yes, for these I'm sorry I shot in manual but my other shoots were not.
NO THEY ARE NOT IN SHUTTER PRIORITY. NOT ONE POSTED IN THE LAST TWO DAYS IS IN SHUTTER PRIORITY.
Why? WHY do you feel the need to lie to us? Just stop now.

Mleek, why do you care if they see what you said to me? It's not personal and it actually has no personal information about you, just positive critique of me. Do you not want everyone to know that you were giving me positive feedback and that I ACTUALLY had been working with you, trying, "listening," and doing better,....I mean this is crazy.

I'm not lying to you...the ones of the girls with flowers were in aperture priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back