"When I grow up" B&W version....

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, Jamie...thanks. If I chose a larer f-stop, then how, being I shot at pretty much the highest ISO possible, would I have remained at a fast shutter speed of 1/200?

Because you are in Manual Mode. Regardless of your other settings, if you set the camera for 1/200, it stays at 1/200.

I'm almost 100% they were. 'm not lying..these were taken all over a month ago and I don't have a program that tells me all the info I was shooting in so I try and just remember. I take so many over a month and try different suggestions, shutter priority, aperture, manual as per the man that was helping me said to do......don't always assume the worst. I'm not lying, I just don't have a program to tell me what eexactly I was shooting in and it's hard to remember.

You could easily and much more kindly say "you know, as per my data, I believe you were shooting in manual." I would say "I'm sorry, my mistake, it's hard to remember."...and go from there. Yes, I became defensive at first, but, Can you blame me?

okay, so Jaemie...if I used a larger f-stop, stayed with the high iso, and kept that fast shutter speed, I would have been underexposed?

I don't know where in New York you live, but in all but the very smallest of towns there are usually camera & photography clubs of one sort or another. I think what you really need to do is join up with one and seek out some one-on-one instruction so that you can get immediate feedback and critique. Everyone learns best by different methods, and I'm starting to suspect that the shoot-post-implement method is not the best for you. I think you could be an excellent photographer with some refinement of basic skills, but until you get that sorted out, you're not going to be able to progress.

AMOMENT, a few technical suggestions: On your camera, MENU, CUSTOM SETTING MENU, a Autofocus, a2 AF-S priority selection, and select FOCUS. This will not allow the camera to take a picture before focus is achieved. Do the same thing for a1 AF-C. Also in CUSTOM SETTINGS MENU, under d Shooting/display, turn the Volume on. This will give you an audible confirmation when the camera is in focus. It doesn't work 100% and you still get out of focus pictures once in a while, but it will help a bit. :)

* Thead Closed *

A lot of this back and forth could be done using PM's.

Last edited:
vtf said:
At one time I thought you couldn't use another's company name? Picturesque Photography is in use, can it be used because "by Erica" is in it?

Depends on what the copyrighted company name is
Company names cannot be copyrighted. However, tradmark law may apply. Visit www.copyright.gov and click on their FAQ page.

Can I copyright the name of my band?
No. Names are not protected by copyright law. Some names may be protected under trademark law. Contact the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 800-786-9199, for further information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back