When I grow up I wanna be an eagle

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not the geatest shot, in fact a little soft, yet I liked the pose.

rwb.jpg

Neophyte Photographer said:
found in marshes...thats a load of crap...they are everywhere here in the northern US

dude, that was a bit harsh wouldn't you say? i'm sure if he is mistaken, a more mature approach would have been in order. :confused:

srry...kind of hard to show emotion over the internet...i meant to say it in a sarcastic way...

they are very common all over where i live...and i live on the outskirts of hills and prairie

Neophyte Photographer said:
found in marshes...thats a load of crap...they are everywhere here in the northern US

Jon thanks for the support. Being a birder for years, I am not mistaken. They might be everywhere, if you google it you would find every description lists this species as an official marsh or wetlands bird which breed in water areas. Thanks again for the support.

Canoncan said:
Jon thanks for the support. Being a birder for years, I am not mistaken. They might be everywhere, if you google it you would find every description lists this species as an official marsh or wetlands bird which breed in water areas. Thanks again for the support.
That is true that they are marsh/wetland birds... but they stay together in HUGE groups in the winter and they can be seen in cities and out where there is no body of water.
They are most abundant near wetlands though.

in other words... they can live anywhere there is a small pond or lake and they also travel quite a ways to get food. :)

Just a tad soft, I agree. But I also like the way he is standing, you get a nice full view of the bird. He looks like he is yelling at you. :lol:

It's been ages since I've seen one. They were so common to me when I was growing up. That's what I get for moving from Michigan to the SE USA. Well, the loss of some birds as well as snow. ;)

nice shot, soft or not. Very beautiful little bird, thanks for sharing it.

Canoncan said:

They are also incredible opportunists and can make their home just about anywhere from what I've seen.

Oh and they can be noisy as heck! LOL! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back