when im left alone with my camera

kinda blurry at that now that i look at it bigger..but what can i say i tried i do hair for a living this is just something new to me i enjoy doing no harm done i guess

How did you do the focusing? Self portraits are tough. I saw you had your aperture at f/32 (at least on the last shot), so if you had autofocused on the wall, you and the wall should have been in focus.

Don't have a tripod? A cheap tripod will be better than a lawn chair (I speak from experience, lol). Also, a remote will help a lot because you won't have to touch the camera.

Another thing that would help would be to buy a cheap reflector. You can buy one specifically made for photography, or I've heard that sun reflectors that you put in your car on sunny days works well, too. Heck, even tin foil taped to card board should work.

Good first attempt. Keep it up.

Definitely got some model potential! Just gotta play around with the settings...maybe try sitting a little further away from the wall, so you get that separation and depth of field.... Watch for the sun beating down and over exposing areas as well... I do have to agree about the pose with the knees---they look very un proportionate to your body because of the way your kneeling/sitting and the shot is framed. Re shoot! :) go get ur car-visor like LCars recommended- use it to reflect the light... Cheapo tripod at walmart 20 bucks--( I've got one--not to shabby lol) or just play around..people take great pics without any of those...

To achieve better focus for self portraits use an object, a post, clothes drying rack or other object, place it in the position you'll be at, focus, select aperture f8-f11, turn off auto focus, press shutter to activate timer, replace focused object with you, chuck object out of frame, pose, job done. The higher F numbers can affect sharpness adversely depending on the lens f8-f11 will give the required dof and is usually the sweet spot of any lens. I agree on the model bit, very pretty/nice figure but those jeans could do with a patch or two. H

thanks everyone... ill do my best what i did was i just kinda tried different setting like the portrait one then i used the P A S M ones just tryin to get the feel of all the different things.. i will for sure go get a tripod i just wanted to get a different camera before i sink money into it.. im having an issue with up close pictures it gets blurry the closer i get.. it didnt use to do that do you think it could be the camera its self? i have some i did of a bee up close and now it wont even try to do it

Hard to tell with.my phone screen but I suspect some overexposed areas? The thing I can comment on is the compositions. Even cropping them instead of gettingit right in camera would help these. All subjects are centered. Atleast you had agood looking model, that always helps.

Use "A" mode, this is aperture priority which allows control over depth of field, the small numbers are shallow DOF, as you increase the number f2.8-f4-f5.6-f8-f11-f16-f22 depth increases but shutter speeds reduce, f2.8 lets in twice as much light as f4, halving shutter speed to maintain correct exposure, bug pictures or similar need the bigger numbers, but too big without extra light/flash will produce blur anyway due to camera shake or subject movement, its all trial n error, keep practising. H

the last one was the best shot. although Im a sucker for b&w lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back