When mother nature intervenes...

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick question :)

When you book a session to be done outdoors... If you book it say.. 2 weeks in advance? But then you find out a few days before the session that it's supposed to rain, do you reschedule or do you find somewhere indoors to do the session?

The reason I am asking is because I have a friend who wants me to do some photos of her son and she wants them done this Sunday but it's supposed to rain. I don't know of anywhere good indoors to do photos and she lives in an apartment...

Any tips would be good as well so I know what to do in the future :)

Thanks everyone! :)

I would say if you can't think of anywhere suitable for an indoors shoot then chances are you might very well need to consider a reshoot. I would say your best approach is to contact the client close to the date to express your concern (remember even if you can offer an indoors shoot its not really what they wanted to start with) that the shoot day might be affected by adverse weather conditions.

I would still keep the date and have everyone turn up for the shoot just incase the rain does not turn up - or its over before the shoot begins (rain before 7am fine by 11am ;) - well it works in the uk)

If you can find somewhere with an atrium you can simulate outdoor conditions.

Why don't you call the mother and ask her opinion?

I'd just call and see what she wants to do about it. As long as the customer gets what they want, then youre all set, right?

If it's something put off-able, put it off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back