When people boast about the integrity of film

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the right to be insulted about whatever you want.

I like good to great work done with film, like Garry Winogrand and Paul Strand among many others, including friends.
When I see average work done with film that gets praise because it was done with film, I think the purpose of photography, as I see it, is being missed.

You have the right to be insulted about whatever you want.

I like good to great work done with film, like Garry Winogrand and Paul Strand among many others, including friends.
When I see average work done with film that gets praise because it was done with film, I think the purpose of photography, as I see it, is being missed.

You pretend that this happens all the time, that people post crappy work and everyone trips over themselves to fawn over these crappy pictures just because they were on film. You also completely ignore the possibilities that a) the work is not mediocre but you just don't like it, or b) people praise the photo just because it's a good photo and not because of the medium. And how many times have we seen praise over someone's digital processing skills? Shouldn't that raise your hackles as well? It's the process that is being praised, and that is something you claim to find silly and pretentious, but I have never seen a random article posted with a comment about shutting up digital photographers.

And it is still true that your opinion about this had NOTHING TO DO with the article that was posted. Share the link the article without the completely irrelevant point that you've made over and over and over again.

Whatever. You'll never not be condescending. I'm wasting my time.

Picture2-10.png

Thank you, Sparky. very funny

There are some people here who shoot film and their work is terrific - and it doesn't depend on the medium or any 'stance'.
I respect and like their work in general.
I rarely look at anything but the people, pj, general categories.
I usually ignore pictures I don't like unless there is some obvious comment about the editing that might be helpful.
When people over-edit, and I'm there for some reason, I say something.

If you are offended by my opinions and/or what I write, you have the option that all the Mods give out. put me on your ignore list.
Whatever my internal opinion, I made no ad hominem attacks on anyone's personality or behavior while those who are offended seem to feel free to do.

Whatever my internal opinion, I made no ad hominem attacks on anyone's personality or behavior while those who are offended seem to feel free to do.

Patently untrue, or you wouldn't have felt compelled to post this article in the first place. Your apparent motive was to use this article as a stick to beat pretentious film users with for "boasting" that the use of film all by itself eclipses the need for any kind of processing. And you do deride such behavior, so decided to take a swipe, as per usual. Then, when people take offense, you quickly walk back your comments or twist your motives so it becomes a character flaw of those who would be offended. You have done this many times for many years here at TPF, only it's been directed often at newbies in general, regardless of their choice of cameras. You're being called out on it here (again), and again you're trying to turn the tables and just hold up the Ignore button to use so you can continue doing what you like to do, while pretending you don't really care about behavior or personalities - when clearly, you do.

Since this article does nothing to advance your real issue, your thread has no point. Closed. Feel free to take it up with me via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back