When taking pictures?

To get outside shots you really do not have to trespass, to get INSIDE shots you do.....
No you don't. You do not need interior shots, and therefore you do not have to trespass, and of course if you do really want interior shots, then you can always ask permission.

I've been arrested many times, but not for trespassing, (never convicted though).
And lord know we don't want to know what you were arrested for. :biggrin-new:

Well not unless you have twenty seven eight-by-ten Colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.
you can get anything you want.....:guitar:
.........at Alice's Restaurant :band:

twenty seven eight by ten color glossy photographs, one of my favorite lines from that song.

I grew up on a farm in a fairly urban area, and people were always acting like our land was public property. We generally didn't mind it if they were thoughtful and considerate. If they walked around the edges and didn't mess with any of the crops or the equipment, we typically didn't raise a fuss. Unfortunately farm equipment (e.g. tractors) and buildings seem to be magnets, though, especially for teenagers. Farm machinery can be deadly even when you do know what you're doing, and sometimes those buildings - even if still solid - are used to store some pretty nasty chemicals.

In some parts of the country during certain times of the year, you also have to worry about hunters. The farmer may have given someone permission to hunt on their land, and if they don't know you're also around ... .

It's not like we were the old man on the corner ("get of my lawn"). If someone asked, we were generally quite ready to give them permission. Heck, you could usually find some of the best wild blackberries on the edges of our fields. We just wanted to know you were out there, and to point out hazards and/or obstacles you might not be aware of. Heck, we might even suggest a better access route - or even a better berry-picking location. BUT, please ask first!

Most reactions

Back