When the bag fills up, Where do you keep all your gear?

maybe even keep a little checklist of smaller things (filters, cords, diffusers, etc...) which are easily forgotten about as one packs.

Hmm...that's a pretty good idea. I could have a different checklist or even a different accessory kit for different situations. eg. A flash photography kit with triggers/relievers, cables, flash mounts, gels, gaff tape, etc, An outdoor kit might have a polarizer, ND filters, etc. Macro would have a bellows, tripod, flash kit, etc...

I also that limiting myself to a smaller kit will, not only reduce the amount of crap I am hauling around, but also help me better anticipate and plan my shooting, and increase my creativity by learning how to better utilize particular equipment rather than just turning to another piece of gear anytime I hit a roadblock.

Thanks guys, I'd love to hear any other Ideas about long term storage, I'm still leaning towards some rubber-maid containers and foam, for the time being, and customizing each bag or case before each day or particular project.

I actually have job checklists on my desk. Just a quick pre-flight checklist before I go out on a job to make sure I have everything. (btw, made much easier when I just keep all my stuff in the bag, but...)

i keep everything in the closet in my office and have everything laid out on shelves. as soon as i come home from shooting the SD cards go to the card readers, the batteries go in the chargers, and the lenses get cleaned and put on the shelves.

having a clean and organized workspace allows you to grab stuff and go when you need to. nothing worse than dying batteries or dirty lenses and remembering you have to deal with those on the way to shoot something

only do it once

I use a large Pelican case (model #1614 if I remember right). I do a lot of traveling, and the case travels in the cargo compartment of the SUV. I carry a medium size bag also that I load with whatever I need for a day's shooting.

I have yet to find a better way to store my gear at home.

i don't keep anything in a bag. i empty my bag when i get home, take out all batteries and cards and put all my gear on trophy shelving i put up. i hang my bags in the closet.

You have too much time on your hands...:lol:

I pull my memory cards and batteries and put the bags in the cubord, I usually pull them out the night before a shoot and go through them and move stuff depending on what lenses I am shooting with.

Most reactions

Back