TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does it come with the lens cap?
--
noob question.. i know..
-H

Yes, if you buy it new. Even used I would expect one, but who knows what you'll get.

Wow thanks for the quick reply

well, it depends.

if it is second hand, you cannot be sure.

but most proper lenses you can buy today come with a lens cap if you buy from the producer.

Actually I am nor sure if Canon, Nikon, Sigma or whoever sells lenses without caps. Usually both the front and the rear cap are included.

ya buying new you can expect one
buying used is never known also keep the back cap one when not using the lens to prevent dust from getting inside of the lens
Also i bought a Nikon D70 with 18-70 and it came with all of the caps and everything that would have normaly came with the camera if u would have bought it new

Yep, they come with them, then I throw them in the box and buy a center pinch cap. IMHO, center pinch caps should be the norm. Much easier to use if you are like me, and walk alot with the lens hood mounted.

Derrick

Another question... now that I have 2 lenses.. . what's the best way to avoid getting dust in my camera and lens?
-H

Another question... now that I have 2 lenses.. . what's the best way to avoid getting dust in my camera and lens?
-H

I personally leave one lens attached all the time with the front cap on the lens. The other lens has the front and back cap on it and it in a protective case inside my camera bag. Been doing that for over a year with my D40x and haven't had any dust on the sensor (knocks on wood).

Sorry I meant in terms when I am actually in switching the lens.

Have the front of the camera facing downward when changing your lens.

well, dust goes with the airflow/convection. so it does not really matter if the camera points upwards or downwards. However, if you point it upwards, some larger chunks of dirt can fall into the camera. Should be avoided.

Do it quick, avoid doing it in strong wind.

Does it come with the lens cap?
--
noob question.. i know..
-H

keep an eye on lens hoods though -- whilst caps are always included in offical sales (ie not second hand - where anything is possible) some companies do not sell lens hoods as standard. Eg Canon don't tend to sell hood with any lens except their L series - meaning you have to get the hood as an addon

Most reactions

Back