When?

[insert label here] - someone who is passionate about said hobby or does it as a profession. That's how I take it.

I'm not a photographer. I'm here and on other forums to learn about taking better photos, but I'm not going out of my way to take photos. I am a sim racer. I race with a very realisticly coded driving model and take the hobby a step further in learning about car setup and racing techniques. I try to race as much as I can and I take it quite seriously. On the other side of the fence, there are computer gamers within my racing community. Those are who join the racing servers just for a bit of fun because it is fun driving the realistic driving model in the PC racing sim. They do not take it seriously and are only there for a bit of fun. Those people are not sim racers, but simply computer gamers.

That analogy can be said for photography or any other hobby as well. I have an RC airplane (or I did until I nosed it 6 inches into the ground for the final time last year). I fly my RC plane around my back yard (acres and acres of field), but I don't specifically go out to the clubs and build or fly aircraft. I only do it for a bit of fun in the back yard.

That's my take on it.

Most reactions

Back