• Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia

• Australia

• Total voters
Sweden is cold.
Not to bad. today was -16 °C(3.2 °F) it is probably not going to be much colder than that. but i guess it's all about perspective. plus you can shoot pretty cool frost photos.

Gary A said:
Sweden is cold.

On NPR (radio for those who are not familiar), I coulda' sworn last night at around 2AM Pacific Time on BBC radio, I heard that Sweden had, "Minus 41 degrees", due to this extraordinary cold front that stretches allllll across Europe currently. Not sure if they meant -41 Farenheit, or -41 Centigrade, but they said, "World's coldest spot"...and then I fell back to sleep.
Yeah that was up north but overall it's much lower. It was 41 °C

Gary A said:
Sweden is cold.

On NPR (radio for those who are not familiar), I coulda' sworn last night at around 2AM Pacific Time on BBC radio, I heard that Sweden had, "Minus 41 degrees", due to this extraordinary cold front that stretches allllll across Europe currently. Not sure if they meant -41 Farenheit, or -41 Centigrade, but they said, "World's coldest spot"...and then I fell back to sleep.
The defense rests. (BTW- I have NPR on preset in the car and at home, but not at 2:00 a.m.)

Gary A said:
Sweden is cold.

Absolutely no way that anyplace outdoor in Sweden is at 41C in Winter.

Exactly __MINUS 41...or as this article suggests, Minus 42.8 Celsius

Chilly Sweden brrr-eaks another winter record

"
Just when you thought Sweden could not get any colder it broke its second record in two days with the mercury dropping to a freezing -42.8C in the far north and chilly temperatures across the country.
The coldest temperature of the season – and the coldest in January since 1999 – was recorded in Naimakka in northern Lapland overnight as bitter winds swept in from Russia.
"

Gary A said:
Sweden is cold.

Absolutely no way that anyplace outdoor in Sweden is at 41C in Winter.

I just checked on a weather website and the coldest place at the moment is -30°C and 41°C was just a peak temperature. i guess Stockholm is pretty hot compared to the rest of Sweden then. Lucky me :)

Gary A said:
Sweden is cold.

mmmmhhhh ... I think something was lost in translation. Mmmmhhhh ... Jag tror att något gick förlorat i översättningen.

27.0 F here tonight, clear as a bell, expecting snow or freezing rain on Saturday and Sunday...watr outdoors is of course, frozen solid. Coldest january here in oregon since jan first week of 1979. I recall 1979's cold, cold New year's Day college football bowl games...for Europeans, water freezes at 32.0 F, so 27 is amply cold. it was 0 degrees this afternoon in Bend, Oregon on the side-of-the-house thermometer at my friend Dan's house; so, considering a bit of heat from the house, maybe 1,2, 3 below zero...

The Western U.S. sure can use all that rain and snow we're getting.

My neice works at one of the Monterey, California TV stations as a field reporter: I saw her post on FB earlier today....said one area in Cali had received 7.5 inches of rain in the last 24 hrs!!! Which is a freaking gully-washer, anywhere in the west, for one day...the Big Sur river blew out, rock slides, just awful rainy storms. Meanwhile her along the I-5 corridor...no rain, all to the east in the high Cascade range....41 degrees F at the Oregon coast. We've had some INTENSE east winds here last couple days and nights...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back