Where can I download CS3 for free? On a Mac?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by D300WOZ, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D300WOZ

D300WOZ TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    A few questions here... what does tpf mean? Where can I download CS3 for Macs for free? I heart it's out there.
    I'm a new photog. I got a D300 with SB 900 speedflash. I wanna create a *****'n portfolio. I want dark/glam/fashiom/art/shapes and designs in my lens but I reside in AZ!!! Real borring and visually dull. Any ideas, tips, suggestions for getting that creative, unusual shot?

Thanx,

Insomnia:lmao:

2. Photonic Harmony

Photonic Harmony TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    TPF, you're kidding right?

Where can you download CS3 for free? I suggest you send Adobe an email asking them that very question. Send the reply you get directly to me, I do enjoy a good laugh :)

3. TamiyaGuy

TamiyaGuy No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, first off, TPF stands for The Photo Forum. Welcome to the club! :D Also, Adobe Photoshop CS3 is not freeware, it retails at about £400. Not perfect for the photographer on a budget, but you get a lot of stuff included. If you don't want to spend that much on software, then try Adobe Photoshop Elements (I think it's in version 7 at the moment). It contains most of what CS3 has, just a little more basic for the amateur image editor. Or, if around £50 is still too much for you, then what about The Gimp? It is, again, a toned-down version of Elements but it's completely free! Don't let this fool you, though, as there are a lot of really handy features for you to look at. Read the manual for more details.

As for creating a "*****'n portfolio", all I can say to you is practice, practice, PRACTICE! There is no quick way of getting high in the photography business, just take photos of anything. Try different compositions, aperture values, shutter speeds, etc of the exact same subject until you find something that looks great. If, by any chance, you find a fantastic sunset, or a really nice car, don't just take one photo on Auto and hope that it comes out alright. Take 10, even 20, all with different settings. If you know what to do with your camera, you'll get one photo that is eye-poppingly beautiful.

Well, that's about it. Best of luck, man. It's a big, BIG world...

4. Paul M

Paul M TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    TamiyaGuy,
    Come on man, he wants a copy of CS3 Ext. as a perk for getting the D300 and SB900. It's not like he can't afford it. :confused: And as for creating a "*****'n portfolio", maybe he doesn't want to practice, maybe the camera will make up for the deficiencies or someone will do it for him. :mrgreen:

D300WOZ, you may want to check this thread, the original poster may be able to help you:

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141731

5. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    we do not hand out links to pirate software, end of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.