Where could I pawn off an old Canon A-1?

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was used maybe for a couple of rolls of film. Bought in ~1984 give or take. Owned by original owner (my mom) and I have no doubt it is in mint condition. No idea what lenses are with it....should probably look, huh?

Should I Ebay it? Is it even worth the few bucks to ship it to someone? Donate it to a photography student?

Oh, and feel free to move this if this is the wrong forum, please.

I'd like to know as well. I have an A-1 I'll probably keep (at least for now as I see some people do revert to film on occasion) cause it was always a great film camera. But, I have 2 Canon AE-1, speedlights, motordrives, and some lenses. I was thinking about donating to a photography school as well.

I'd try Craigslist before ebay. No fees on CL and you can sell it to a local for $20 or more. I'd start at a high price, since it's free to list, and go down $5-$10 each week.

that's how I sell most things these days. Ebay is a waste of time... unless you're the buyer.

True...I'm in a large market, so CL might be a good idea.

I still use a Canon AE-1 I would like to know what lenses you have with it. I like playing with these older film cameras. Or else I would suggest you may get as much from donating it (Tax write off) as selling it.

Alot of school kids might be interested in your camera. Most schools require film cameras because they do the whole developing thing. Shouldn't be to hard to get rid of.

Alot of school kids might be interested in your camera. Most schools require film cameras because they do the whole developing thing. Shouldn't be to hard to get rid of.

Thanks for the insight, I may pursue that.

Hey, do you still have this? As long as it has any lens(es) with it, I'd be 100% willing to pay you a very reasonable price plus cover your shipping costs. Please let me know! I love these old film SLR's.

a-1's are awesome! I you could sell it to ^^^^^, or try ebay. or donate it to the local high school's photo class

Most reactions

Back