Where did you buy your tripod?

a1157814a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I need to buy one... I'm not sure if I would ever want to buy online though, unless I know exactly how it is like.
I want to try before I purchase

if your going to buy one online, make sure you read reviews about it first, or do a search here for the tripod... that way you can find out what others think of it.. don't make a post about the particular tripod until you've done a search for it though, cause chances are, someone has already asked about it

If you don't live near a camera store, buying on line through a legit dealer isn't a bad idea. I think you're better off saying what equipment you're planning to mount on the tripod, and asking for recommendations.

I believe that tripods and camera bags are best looked at in person, before you buy them.

I believe that tripods and camera bags are best looked at in person, before you buy them.

Listen to this man. For things that are almost purely tactile, nothing beats buying them in person, assuming its an option. I have the luxury of living 45 minutes from a very well stocked/priced shop, but chances are you can track one down within a reasonable distance.

I like to find the item at the store ans see if that is what i want then i buy it online for less. :D

i'd buy everything in a store - you're better off, i got my tripod in my local camera shop, which i think is the best bet for everything

This is why I'm Happy to live in New York. #0 minutes by metro to B&H

I am lucky to live 3 buildings down from a camera shop in a small town and I go once or twice a week. I like to buy equipment in person, even if the shop is a little on the high end. If it is too much then I will go and check it out and then buy on-line. I try to support my locals first though.:thumbup:

I bought mine on-line after seeing it in-store. The particular order was rather large and the camera shop couldn't or wouldn't match prices.

Ritz is only 30 min away thats where I buy mostly,,,as fer the cheepie well its a wally world brand for the woods and outdoor terrains

TigerDirect.. but I went to a local film processing type store first and looked at their cheapo one and they had some Manfrottos.
I took a good look at them saw what I didnt' want and what I did want then ordered them online to save.
I do take my colour film to be developed there though so I didn't feel totally horrible.
Actually had one of the 4 people that worked there actually said something too me while I was looking at their $400 tripod I might have asked them if they had a catalogue so I could look at others.. their loss..

Most reactions

Back