Where do I start?!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Constance Thurman, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Constance Thurman

Constance Thurman TPF Noob!

Jul 23, 2010
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey! My name is Constance. I accidentally stumbled upon this website while doing some research via Google (my virtual best friend). And I would have to admit, that I have already found some information very useful.

I am an on-location photographer. I am in the process of getting started again, from scratch. I had the whole kit and kabodle for about 5 years (lighting, camera, lenses, props, backgrounds, etc). I was in a divorce and he took all of my equipment in the divorce thinking that if he had it, I would go back to him. *Newsflash Mister!* It backfired. I started from scratch once before, surely I can do it again. Of course, this time it is a little harder as the economy stinks right now and I am unemployed.

Thanks to my boyfriend (been together a lil over a year), I now have a SLR camera. It is a Sony (not my favorite brand, but it is very nice considering the price; free for me). I would like to get a 50d or 7d in the next few months and hopefully with college refund and a lil savings, I can do that, even if I have to go used.

I feel like I have forgotten everything I ever knew when it come to Photography. I bought CS5 a few nights ago and let me tell ya, I felt like I am learning photoshop all over again and I've used photoshop off and on since somewhere around photoshop 7 *i think*.

Anyway, I think this is pretty long *sorry*, but feel free to request friendship, or just say hey. I am open to any help I can get during my adventure.