where do kids get their energy from?

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Went down on the field today to look after the kids. After a while I got a few kids going "race me Mr Fern, please". Normally I'd say no but today (it's almost the holidays) I turned to the person who I was with and said, "shall I?" and I got the nod. I must have run up that track more than half a dozen times, much more. It's over 29°C out there. I was shattered and felt like I was gonna die when I got home. Where do the children get so much energy from?!?! Granted, I'd only drank a couple of glasses of water by then (around 12:30-1:00 ish) and it was only me against god knows how many. My legs are sore. :mrgreen:
I also ended up falling over during one race and getting beaten by a teacher in the last. And now my boss has told me to come to work tomorrow in shorts. Yeah, like that'll happen! :lol:

I'm such a big kid, aren't I? :lol:

hahaha Peter! I knew you are like that :) that is so cool :) haha yesterday I was... playing football with my friends son who is 6... and gosh... I was so tired and my t-shirt was completely wet, while he could play longer and was annoyed that I couldn't get up from a chair after a break :p

Kids are cute!

I wish I had that much energy.... it'd be so much fun just to be able to run arround all day and never get tired. Imagine what you could get done! Probably nothing coz you'd be too busy riding your bike up and down the street and then pulling your sister's hair and then diggin a big hole just coz you can.

I wanna be a kid!!

They should be more like dogs, where you can stand and throw a frisbee and let 'em run fetch it, and bring it back and drop it at your feet. :meh:

Next time, stand at a home plate and hit a baseball, and let them all run around for it! :mrgreen:

mentos_007 said:
I was so tired and my t-shirt was completely wet,

What a thought!.............

Meysha said:
I wanna be a kid!!

Don't we all!

My son is learning to walk now and all he wants to do is run! With this heat it's very tiring work trying to please him!:blushing: :heart:

I don't know where they get it from! I am also in confusion over the fact that my boys have to be woken up most days at 7am during the week, but on the weekends they are wide awake at 5:30am and looking for us to fix them breakfast. I am about ready to put a sign on our door that reads "Do not knock until 7:30am unless somebody is bleeding" and put out a bowl of cereal and leave the TV on Noggin. Sleep.......:drool:

PlasticSpanner said:
They knock?? Wow how civilised!:lol:

(How did you train them to do that?)

Shock collar :lol: . Just kidding! They are very polite boys (ages nearly 4 & 6). They almost always say please and thank you and overall do a good job of being respectful. I rember one of my oldest's first sentences was "I really appreciate that" when I got him a toy that he wanted. I think he was about 3 at the time. :)

hahaha Peter! I knew you are like that
What exactly are you insinuating? :grumpy: :playball:

:mrgreen:

I wish I had that much energy.... it'd be so much fun just to be able to run arround all day and never get tired.
Apparently my mum was very worried about me when I was younger. I used to go out and play football and run around for hours, then come in and fall to the floor fast asleep. :lol:
That and I hardly ate anything then.

Went for a bike ride ealier and was out for an hour and half. NOW my legs are tired!

Most reactions

Back