where do people go and photograph tigers and Lions?

DinoThePhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the Woods or At the zoo? If it's the former How can you be sure they Wont attack you?

A photographer that I know, who is a 'well known' nature & wildlife photographer up here in Canada, hosts a few wildlife workshops every year. Basically, they go down to a 'game farm' in Montana and shoot photos of captive, even tame animals.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, it's a far cry from photographing animals in the wild. On the other hand, he/they get some really great photo opportunities and usually great photos as a result. As long as nobody is portraying it as if they were photos of 'wild' animals, then I'm OK with it.

Not really lions & tigers, like you asked about, but I believe they do have some cougars (mountain lions).

In the Woods or At the zoo? If it's the former How can you be sure they Wont attack you?
Seriously, DinoThePhotoGuy, if you want to see tigers in the wild, you go to India and hire a guide. If you want to see lions in the wild, you go to Africa and hire a guide. The guides are supposed to keep you from being killed by the wildlife.

A zoo is how most people on a limited budget do it.

i propose a more interesting question:

Where can you go to photograph a liger?

Right on the border of Africa and India :)

If you go into the wild to photograph tigers you're probably not going to. Wild tigers are not, as a rule, very interested in being seen.

Lions seem to be pretty out there in the open, though.

Oh, I know; it was a trick question!

DETROIT

They have both. Also some RedWings, some Pistons, and more.

Well the two options were in the woods or the zoo, so I guess Detroit still qualifies as a correct answer ;)

Well the two options were in the woods or the zoo, so I guess Detroit still qualifies as a correct answer ;)
I don't know whether to take offense to that or agree with you completely :cower:

How about BillM was offensively right about Detroit. :laugh2:

After you leave Detroit head west to shot "Da Bears"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back