Where do u live compared to the scenic shots you take?

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, do you often live close to the shots you take such as flowers, houses, mountains, anything!
Anything you take pictures of (besides people) is it normally close to you?
I cant find anything decent around my house (havent driven anywhere yet lol)

All my flowers are dead! lol...

Most of the flowers and trees I've taken pictures of have been local. I'm just minutes away from San Francisco's Golden Gate Park which has many gardens.

I am not sure where you live in Cali but I hope you are not trying to say you have nothing to shoot.

Wow, my issue is not that I have nothing to shoot, its that I have so much!

Open your eyes and learn to see as a photographer and things change REAL fast. Anything from the way the pencils are arranged on my desk when they were tossed there to the flowers outside my door to the sunset of a distant country to a 300+ year old painting... its all there, all you have to do is... open your eyes.

I live in a small, more or less, coastal town in Delaware. (Like there's another type of town in Delaware). Most of my scenic photographs include forested areas and water, beit lakes, ponds, streams, what have. I live in Milton and work 13 miles away in Milford. Most of my photography is taken in a 20 mile long strip about 5 miles wide. Most times I do my photography on the way to or from work, while on my lunch hour, a wildlife preserve to the east or walking around town.

Im in the middle of city (residential)
I just got houses with more houses for miles and miles. I got the flowers on my house that are dead or flowers in unknown locations at parks which mostly contain grass not many flowers..

I wish I lived in Yosemite! lol

Wow, my issue is not that I have nothing to shoot, its that I have so much!

Open your eyes and learn to see as a photographer and things change REAL fast. Anything from the way the pencils are arranged on my desk when they were tossed there to the flowers outside my door to the sunset of a distant country to a 300+ year old painting... its all there, all you have to do is... open your eyes.

I have tried looking around my house, i found some "fairies"/dolls my mom has on display around the house look kinda weird but artistic...

My house is mroe or less dirty (trash) so i gotta clean up first before i take any pictures in my house haha

whenever i travel more than 5 miles from my town I will bring the gear with me. Living in NJ and being relatively close to NYC I do have access to a 9/11 memorial that overlooks the skyline of NYC and the many bridges in and out of the city which makes for an excellent photospot. Especially when the sun is rising and setting. The sunset, if you have never seen it, over NYC, is just beautiful. I like to go there and play with the telephoto wideangle lense. Aside from that, as it was stated previously in the thread, there are photographic oppurtunities right in front of you 365 days a year 7 days a week. You just need to learn to see the world artistically instead of just as the world. It does make life much more enjoyable.

I long to beable to get out and about when I'm not working, I always get lost and find great places but the only time I have the car is once a week around noon.. Yay.. (not good..)
My husband is starting to walk to work now so I have already had one great opportunity to get out and I look forward to many more..
Mostly hiking paths and a beautiful lake..
Of course the grass is always greener and I dream of fisheye and big cities...
I think I would go nuts taking pictures if I lived in the city.
At least my shutter will last this way.. lol

well when I mean "city" im not near big buildings or anything, just houses... and small retail stores etc..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back