Where do you host your photos for clients????

Sooo many possibilities out there. Yes, sites like Smugmug and Pictage can work, though I've never been a big fan of those. Zenfolio isn't bad, but they recently stopped offering a no-commission option on their shopping cart, so (if memory serves) regardless of whether or not you're doing self-fulfillment, they'll still take a cut of the sale.

I prefer solutions that let me take care of everything, soup to nuts. I currently use RedCart, though it is a flash-based system and I would prefer it not be. PixieSet and Shootproof are also popular systems that lots of people like. PixieSet is intriguing to me and I'm considering trying it out.

What you choose depends largely on how professional you want to look. I want a boutique experience for my clients from start to finish.

Since the thread was revived, someone else may find the info beneficial.

I use Shootproof. Great system with a beautiful presentation and integration with many great print labs to ship to client or you can self fulfill. You can "build" mobile apps for your clients, you block or enable downloads, they can play the images in a slideshow and you can upgrade to include music. It is just an awesome system.

Pixieset looks really good and mostly the same as Shootproof and cheaper, but the one thing I like about Shootproof that Pixieset currently hasn't caught up to, is a Lightroom publish plugin. If/when Pixieset has that option I will probably take my business over there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back