Where do you print your photos?

Actually, Wal-Mart is not like the pharmacy companies (CVS, Walgreens, etc...). They use $100,000 Fuji printers in all Wal-Mart locations which is on par with most of the professional printing companies. Nothing wrong with getting prints at Wal-Mart but if you had problems you should complain about it...they should give you a refund and offer to print out more after a calibration.

Good comment.

I did complain, I did get a refund and a voucher for free prints. They said they would look into their machine calibration, came back a month later, same crap.

Might just be a local walmart issue, but I've heard similar stories from walmarts in and around Montreal. If the situation is different in your area, great! But in mine, its crap so I dont use them, whether its a 4x6 or 8x12

Same thing's happened with me before. Walmart=Crap.

Ive used walmart several times for my own use the kids pictures or holidays with family, i've done 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 the color was always crappy, or there were dark spots, the last time i went is the only time they have given me a refund they said it was their paper that was bad. Walgreens same thing they are good at 4x6 for my scrapbooking for my kids but other than that i don't like their paper. I've heard of mpix and i checked out the website it looks pretty good, they have alot of different sizes and you can get your business name printed on the back for free! I have no local labs around here, in crossville there is only 2 other studios besdies walmart picture me studios, that do photography around here. One is for weddings and the other specializes in newborn photography... i send just a normal picture to mpix and ordered an 8x10 to see how their quality is, if i like it i will continue to use them, thanks so much guys!

Pharmacies aren't the best place to print your photos I suppose. I usually use online photo printer companies. If you want to print your photos onto canvas prints, Photo Canvas does amazing one's!

Ive been really happy with costco.
For the price and quality they are hard to beat and to top it off, the tech who works at the one im going know his stuff so its a plus.

I also use Mpix.com and i love them. They have a quick turn around. Usually from placing order to having them in hand is about 3-5 days. I am very happy with them.

i use a vendor in boston that we use to print our brochures, reports, proposals etc...
we spend so much money on business documents there every year, they are always giving us really cheap rates for personal stuff. last run i did was 12x14 on silk stock for $2.50 a pop.

been using mpix.com, only downfall(if you even want to call it that) is if someone only wants like one large print it is still 5.95 shipping, or if you want 50 of them it stays the same but the shipping is SUPER fast and quality is great.

I print at home.
BTW I am posting here because in spite of what some might think, photo printing is still relevant to photography today.
Merry Christmas!

Digging up a 6 year old thread to post SPAM is a waste of time.

You're right.

Why was this at the top of the forum????
Not you.
A spammer dug it up to post SPAM is how it got to the top of the forums.
The spammer got banned from TPF, and their SPAM link post got deleted.

Ah ok. I didn't notice the date, then didn't know how I managed to find the thread and could of sworn I saw it up top.

Oh well hahaha

I have had costco print some stuff (as has my mother) and they do a solid job. They are nice and easy to drop off, the prints are on time from good gear and now you can even submit on line which is a plus.

Now that Im living in the city I am lucky enough to have a pro lab a block from my apartment. I go to them and have been very happy with the service and the prices are on par with every where else. Whats different for me is that they are photo people not costco employees. They enjoy me sitting in the shop chatting cameras with them and dont just hand me an envelope with some prints they never checked. If I go in at lunch and get a print they can do it right on the spot if nothing else is queued up. If the print is to dark or to light because physical prints are not always what you see on the screen, they reprint it no questions asked. They are simply more engaged with the customer than a place like costco which I personally like.

All in all the print quality is pretty much equal.

Regards
Dave

I'm one of the lucky ones who works in a camera store/lab (www.schillers.com) so all my color printing can be printed by me and with employee discounts it's very inexpensive. I print all my BW at home in my darkroom.

Most reactions

Back