where do you print your photos

Rancor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you guys/gals print
I have never, not once, ever, since I stopped shooting film around 16 (I'm 23) had my pictures printed. So how should I? How do you guys do it? I'm sure some of you are so good that you have in home red rooms or something, but other than that. Do you buy photo printers (they seem either garbage or way expansive), do you go to CVS (this seems noob), do you go to some fancy local print shop (seems a bit more pro, and I have a few)?

I have a local lab do it for me. Try a google search around your area.

For many of us not living in a big city, the local lab choices are not quality labs - Wal-Mart, Walgreen's, or Staples.

There are lots of other labs around, but many of the pro labs require you complete an application before they will accept you as a customer.

http://www.bayphoto.com/ is another popular online lab.

Last edited:
Yeah MPIX is a great place to start. Dont go to walgreens CVS etc etc. I had a Photo Proffesor straight up give out a fat Old F to a student because she didnt use the EPSON 4800 we had in class cuz she never botherd to show up to class to print and had CVS do it. What prople dont understand is that printing is another art in and of itself. The printer we used in class is very expensive and refilling ink on that machine is also very expensive. Our Professor also informed us that the reason he handed out an F was because our prints where made with an EPSON that used something like three diffrent types of black A matte black a glossy black and another that slips my mind at the moment. I think thats because I might be wrong and there was only 2 types of black. So to bring this around to my original point when her print ( CVS ) was compared to ours ( EPSON ) you could see the diffrance between the two. The CVS prints blacks where more of a faded green and the EPSON blacks where pretty much exactly what was on your screen before you printed. So either you spend the money and make print after print after print to get it right using the EPSON or any other printer of your choice but i strongly recomend you stick with EPSON or you go with MPIX or another big trusted online lab. Or support your local lab if you have one. On a side note COSTCO uses decent printers so for stuff that doesnt need that extra care I would recomend them.
-love limp

Miller's Lab for prints going to clients and art for my walls. Mpix or Mpix Pro for my own prints that will just go in an album.

I do all my own printing using Canon and Epson inkjet printers. The cost of the printers isn't a problem, the cost of the inks is. But I've got to do it myself to get the results I want.

Joe

Millers lab is Mpix. Same people, same machines. They are a great group of people. Collages.net is also a good printer. They are local to me.

I print most stuff at home. For stuff larger than I can print I have been using Mpix so far. I've had a few minor issues with them, but for the most part they do good work. And if they do mess up, they fix it for free and fast.

BayPhoto for all of my prints. Fantastic service and it has been right 100% of the time. Super fast delivery and packaging that will take second place to no-one.

For photobooks and calendars, I like using Kinzin.com. Got a promo coupon one time and ordered some products for Christmas, and liked how they turned out. Small company but worth looking into.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back