Where do you store your battery?

??
Is the same true for Canon as well as nikon? I though - least with canon - that the batterygrip on/off was only to activate the shutter and other controls on the grip - so that you could have the grip turned off so that you did not accidentaily hit the other controls whilst shooting normally?

Mine is always in camera and when I take a spare with me I always keep it in a pocket, close to my skin. It keeps it warm and keeps the battery's juice in the battery... but I only do that because I'm always out when it's cold. And I live in Vancouver. It rains alot here, so my camera bag almost always has a 'rainjacket' on, and it's just too much hassle to undo everything for a battery. Keeping the spare on me is a lot more convenient.

Oh, that's an interesting point... I usually keep mine in my bag, but when I do wintertime stuff I'll try this in the future. Good idea.

BTW, I keep my main batt in the camera as well.

Isn't that the chemical reaction in the battery is accelerated with temperature increase?

In other words, battery drain faster in hotter temperature.

I just found an article it said ...

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have a spare lithium-ion battery, use one to the fullest and keep the other cool by placing it in the refrigerator. Do not freeze the battery. For best results, store the battery at 40% state-of-charge."

So .. I guess if you are outside in a freezing environment, it maybe better warm it up a little bit with your body temperature to avoid freezing the battery. However, in general it is better to store it in a cool environment to avoid faster battery drain.
[/FONT]

??
Is the same true for Canon as well as nikon? I though - least with canon - that the batterygrip on/off was only to activate the shutter and other controls on the grip - so that you could have the grip turned off so that you did not accidentaily hit the other controls whilst shooting normally?

i dont know about canon.. he grip i have is a third party cheapo as the D40 cant actually use a battery grip.. i think it cost me 30 bucks, so I cant expect it to behave the same as the expensive ones

Most reactions

New Topics

Back