where do you work? post a pic!

farmerj, that's quite a shot (no pun intended, LOL) looking down the barrel of that gun.

Mk19 Grenade launcher from Ft Hunter Ligget, California (Jolon Ca) when I was there for Military police school.

They are a BALL to shoot. But I still prefer Ma Deuce. Nothing says "with love" like a .50 cal.

Last edited:
They are a BALL to shoot. But I still prefer Ma Deuce. Nothing says "with love" like a .50 cal.

I believe my husband shot the .50 cal. in the guards for 10 years. His hearing on that side is pretty much shot. Ever hear of earplugs? :sexywink: LOL

I believe my husband shot the .50 cal. in the guards for 10 years. His hearing on that side is pretty much shot. Ever hear of earplugs? :sexywink: LOL

The issue with the .50 cal is not the simple Noise level you need protection from, but the concussion that also impacts the bone by or in the ear. Often causing as much hearing loss. I have a similar hearing loss as well.

Not just from shooting, but also from driving with the window down on the vehicle. You left ear takes all that noise from traffic as you pass them on a two lane road. I rarely drive with the drivers window down anymore.

mp school . . . ever hear of a lt.col. (now col) Byrd? or read any of his mp material?
16th mp brigade now i think.

M2 is fun . . . DShK much? hehe,there have been some crazy modifications made on them by the afghans

Always have to be careful with those 50 calibers....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc]YouTube - Guy hit in head with .50 caliber ricochet[/ame]

DShK much?

Never been around one. Closest I got to anything like that was a burnt out ol hulk of a T55.

Only time I was overseas is to Kosovo. And then I only got to shoot the Bradley BFV while I was there on the range.

Last edited:
as of right now im unemployeed but looking to get my own photography buissness up and going. so would me and a pic of my camera work in a cool background?

I would like to post a pic, but I don't know if I want to bring my camera to work *ponders* or if I'll get into trouble bringing it to work. Err... the manager can be strict sometimes. ><

If I get caught taking a picture where I am at. I would get tossed out and possibly deported. There are military planes here as well as commercial planes like ours. They are a little touchy about pictures being taken. I was even asked to leave a hanger where our plane was in because right next to it was a new Indian AF radar plane in it. We had a big discussion about that. Now I am allowed in the hanger but only near my own plane. :confused:

Matter of fact they just gave all their employees new Nokia cell phones (over 5,000 people here!!). But, they first went through and took out the cameras. They don't even trust their own employees. :lol:

Your not even allow to have a memory card in the facility.

Here is the picture I took of my office

cttowersmall.jpg

sweet view you have there.

and it always cracks me up to see what companies/governments do to create some illusion of security, when they really rely on employees discretion and integrity to maintain security.

Jodie:

In the words of Tina Fey, I want to go to there.

That's flipping beautiful... especially the top floor with the angled ceilings. I'm sure your clients love it as well.

Jim

golden gardens park, SEATTLE

3507094958_7948e9846c.jpg

3044944042_c9efaf00d6.jpg

3044105601_aa5d734a2f.jpg

Not a great shot, but it is a shot of the newsroom. That's my photo chief with the Canon.

Most reactions

Back