Where in the world would you go to photograph?

It would be New Zealand for me.Lots of spectacular landscapes there!

Rome will get my first vote...would love to go to india...turkey is a good place too...Egypt will be one of the list as well...

I vote Ireland, India, or Egypt. Those are three places I have always wanted to go Ireland especially.

North Wales
Yellowstone
Anywhere with volcanos!

Don't forget the hawaiian island, their volcanos flow all the time, but not the composite explosive type, like Mount Saint Helens.

Yellowstone is one, big dormant volcano.

In which kind of photography are you interested?

It depends, actually i prefer some untouchable places to shoot unique photos.

Back home in Ireland. Didn't do photography until I had left :( Makes me nauseus to think of all the places I had been and never had a camera.

From the list you provided and considering what my most creative and world traveled friends are always going on and on about, I would definitely go for Iceland, first choice. Madagascar would be second choice. But truly, I think Iceland would work better especially if you take into account your Conservation Biology major as well as photography. Wherever you choose, I have a feeling you will be getting some fantastic shots and having amazing experiences! Good luck!

D Alishouse
Boulder Photography; Destination Wedding Photographer

Wow, so many choices. I have personally only been to Australia...I went to a small town and didn't tour around a lot but I did see some really cool stuff and if I"d had the equipment with me (went on a pleasure trip so only took my DSLR and my flash) I could have gotten some really awesome photos. The people there are wicked nice, especially in the small towns. They are also very photogenic. I don't think I saw an ugly person there. Everything is still in small shops, not big stores like Walmart unless you go into the city. I flew into Melbourne and I have to say that flying over Australia was absolutely stunning...the bit between Sydney and Melbourne was breathtaking from the air, never mind from the ground. I visited a town called Bright, in Victoria province and there were "mountains" and greenery but also tons of wildlife.

But anywhere in the world? Ireland would be my first pick. But I'm such a homebody, I'll probably never go. Good luck wherever you end up!

Thought I'd bring this discussion back to life. I am meeting with the travel abroad advisor Monday to get everything set in stone. I'll let you know what I decide.

In the mean time, if any of you would like to change your answer, or add more/another, feel free to do so!

Mark

1. New Zealand
2. Fira Santorini, Greece
3. Kowloon, Hong Kong
4. Phukek, Thailand
5. New Guinea
6. Sicily, Italy
7. Arctic
8. Antarctica
9. Pantanal, Brazil
10. Midway Atoll, Northwestern Hawaiian Islands
11. Syrian Arab Republic