Where is Mama

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well...my neighbors tenant finally had her kids. I have not had a chance to get close enough to get any good pics and last night was another challange. The sun was almost gone, so I had little light to work with. I used my 70-300mm with a 2x teleconverter, and had to do manual focus. I could not use a tripod and rested the camera on a railing. To defuse the harsh onboard flash, I drapped a small piece of tissue over it. I am hoping to get more pics tonight of Mama feeding them.

Sorry JonMikal...not baby crows... :+)

131_3196a.JPG

131_3199a.JPG

I kinda missed it a bit on the last two.

131_3198a.JPG

131_3197a.JPG

hehe ! Those are awesome Chiller. The last one made me laugh. Can't wait til dindin time.

Thanks M@ko. I really wanted to get the hair sticking out the sides.

These are great! Have rarely seen close-ups of bird chicks this close up!
What are they going to be once they are grown?
I agree, their "hairstyle" is quite something else! :D

Thanks LaFoto. They are baby Robins. I am still looking for crows, and baby Batmans. :+)

little "don kings" is what they are , right?? aha..aha...ahum....

anyway, great shots, all of them..the last is like the mad blue bird shot thats so popular...he looks ticked off at you...."wait til momma gets home,dude..."
either that, or he is scoping out your car for when he does fly....

Don King...that is the dudes name..I could not think of it. Thanks Aprilraven.!!!! I was thinking the evil gremlin.
OH yeah... Mama, got my car already.

paybacks are he**, 'eh? mommas always get revenge..

didnt think of the batman robin thing, cool...should have had that one..

by the way, i was right about the other thing, huh chiller??? :mrgreen:

Chiller said:
Sorry JonMikal...not baby crows... :+)

we'll take anything we can at this stage! excellent results for your efforts. dof and all are spot on! :thumbup:

Thank you Photo gal. I have been watching these guys grow up in my neighbors front porch....really cool to see.

That is true Jon. Between dodging the security guard at Mount Pleasant, and keepin another eye out for a crow, I will take anything right now. Thank you my friend.

Very nice Chiller. That second shot is great, two chicks waiting for their parent to come back and feed them. DOF is bang on.

The second photo in this set is unbelievable. How you could get so close.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back