Where should I get photo enlargements?

dav305z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot 35 mm Kodak T-Max while in Chicago this weekend and got some nice stuff. Someone wants me to get enlargements to hang on the wall. 16 x 24 or something like that. Any recommendations for where I should send the negatives? How much should it cost?

11001921_10103458303159598_6242682692154932475_n.jpg

16x24 it is possible, but with 35mm neg loss of sharpness might be too visible. This scan is already showing some softness of the BG which enlarged in order of 17 times may become hazy. Nevertheless it is a pretty picture worth printing and framing., however I have no idea where you can find commercial lab willing to print that large and if print should be done with archival quality it may cost a bundle. If you from Chicago call (by phone) people from Photographers Formulary in Montana:
Contact Us
They were very helpful to me so far, they are 100% in Weston/Adams/Sexton type of photography. They may help.

Where do you live, in the UK you would have no problem getting a wet print done, digital print you can get anywhere

I'd really like to have a set enlargement from the neg, rather than going digital and then back to analog. The professional shop near me in Michigan stopped doing hand enlargements 6 weeks ago. So now I don't know where to turn.

Call formulary, dedicated classic photography people.

Holland Photo Imaging does silver prints (and inkjet) and they do wonderful work. Brain is a great guy.

Holland Photo Imaging

Even Dwaynes now scans and prints. I think I'm going to just send it off to Ilford's lab in California.

EDIT: Ilford also scans first.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back