where to buy from

i'm so excited, tracked my order and it's scheduled for delivery on thurs the 11th...yea:D

I've used B&H twice from the UK spending around $1200 first time and almost $4500 the second time.
I've also bought from their shop in person.
I've have no hesitation in using them again or recommending them to another person.

I’m suspired Adorama rating would be so low, but I have read some review that they have a few pushy salesmen, I use their on line printing service and am very happy with the print quality

Jeff Canes said:
I’m suspired Adorama rating would be so low, but I have read some review that they have a few pushy salesmen, I use their on line printing service and am very happy with the print quality

I buy everything from Adorama. I love them, of course I never call them. I just buy online.

Digital Matt said:
I buy everything from Adorama. I love them, of course I never call them. I just buy online.

Me too. I have ordered from Adorama and B&H and had nothing but satisfaction. I also ordered my 350D body from Beach Camera, which got good ratings, and I had a wonderful experience with them. They shipped it WAY too fast, and it got to me 7 days early. :lmao: Didn't charge me for air freight though! With their rebate I was able to save $100 or $200, depending on where you look.

I know it's too late, you've made your choice, the camera is on its way LOL...but I'm so happy you did NOT choose bestpricecameras.com. As an ignorant Noob two months ago, I tried to buy a 350D from them online. What a NIGHTMARE. They stripped it of all accessories, hence the low price, and then called me on the phone to "confirm" my order. Tried to sell me all the accessories, I said "no THANK YOU I just want the body!!" then after a long heated argument which brought me almost to tears, he said "We don't have any in stock" and hung up on me. Then I went to resellerratings.com, and saw that everyone else had an identical experience. :grumpy: You made a good choice!

DLL_4ever said:
hmm..... i have a pretty big problem here...

electronics-powersale.com is selling a Nikon D50 and a D70 (with a lens) for $475! It seems almost too good to be true, and it probably is, but how do i know / find out? There are no reviews on resellerratings.com ... :S

In the camera world I have learned that if it sounds too good to be true, it is. That old adage certainly has held true for me so far. It's probably a grey market camera and doesn't have a warranty that would be of any use to you.

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
In the camera world I have learned that if it sounds too good to be true, it is. That old adage certainly has held true for me so far. It's probably a grey market camera and doesn't have a warranty that would be of any use to you.
That's what i thought... but then i also found this site. It's right now selling a Canon EOS-300D kit with 18-55mm EF-S lens for $506 US. And they have a rating on resellerratings.com of 7.47 out of 10. And the reviews written on there are all positive. So... maybe this is not too good to be true? :D

DLL_4ever said:
That's what i thought... but then i also found this site. It's right now selling a Canon EOS-300D kit with 18-55mm EF-S lens for $506 US. And they have a rating on resellerratings.com of 7.47 out of 10. And the reviews written on there are all positive. So... maybe this is not too good to be true? :D

That's because that camera is a refurb. It's not brand new, but has been refurbished and is probably just GREAT. Refurbs can be really good things if you are sure you're getting a GOOD refurb. :) A good reputable site gives its refurbs ratings based on their evaluated condition.

so... since its refurbished... is it a good idea to purchase it? The Panasonic LZ2 that i have now, i baught it refurbished, and it works perfectly fine and i never had a problem with it. However, i baught it straight from the store... I'm not really sure how well i can trust an online store... This is probably the only chance i'll get to own a DSLR... so... im quite confused...

Well, sometimes they say buying refurbished is as good or better....because then you know that camera has been BACK to the factory and undergone stringent refurbishing processes, tests, more tests, and approval so it can be back on the shelf. So I'd tell you to go ahead and buy it EXCEPT, I can't find anywhere where it says the camera's condition. That's the only thing that would stop me from buying it. It just says Refurbished, I would prefer to see the phrase "Factory Refurbished." That would mean Canon did the refurb job. Let's let some other people have a chance to take a look and respond, too. Perhaps they have a better idea. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back