where to buy lens in NYC???

Graugart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey

Hope someone here can help me. I am spending some days here in NYC and want to buy a new lens for my camera. I am looking for a wide angle lens (i.e. down to around 18-20mm) especially.

But where should I go to find one? I found the B&H store and Adorama which seems to have exactly what I need, but somehow they are both closed on the EXACT same dates as I am here :x :x :x

So do anyone here know any other good places for lens shopping? I am located in midtown manhattan.

Thank you

Christian

Next time I go I am definitely looking forward to an afternoon at B&H. Hell, I'll even drop the wife off at Bloomingdale's if she just lets me roam to my hearts content! :)

How about Cameta Camera? I don't know where they are in relation to you, but I have purchased from them several times on line. Every transaction has been flawless!!!!

Cameta Camera
8400 New Horizons Blvd
Amityville, NY 11701
If that doesn't work, pick up a photo mag. Any of them like Digital PC, PC Photo, Photographic, Shutterbug...they all have more ads in them with NY stores then you'll know what to do with :confused:

Calumet New York
Manager: Bill Matlack

Address: 16 W. 19th Street
New York, NY 10011

Phone: 212-989-8500

Fax: 212-627-9088

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Now Open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Matt >> Yes I read it, thanks much. I checked out their website and they don't really have much for my camera, only a few $500-1000 lenses :(

Just checked out the Calumet store though and it looks super! I will go there today or tomorrow and powershop :-D

thanks much

Most reactions

New Topics

Back