where to buy NIKKOR AF 50mm f1.8

shingfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i'm located in toronto, canada....where would be the best place to buy the nikkor AF 50mm f1.8...and about how much should i be looking at?....online or local store?

That is not an expensive lens, By the time you order online and pay for shipping, or Duty if ordered from the USA, you will pay as much or more than any local shop in Toronto.
Just go to the closest Nikon shop and pick it up. I have seen it for $169.00 in stores Canada.

Henry's has one or more stores in Toronto.

You might also consider Camera Canada

You might get a better price if you order from B&H or Adorama http://www.thephotoforum.com/linksdirectory/ but shipping from the US may include other fees. There is no 'duty' on photo gear but you may get stuck paying 'brokerage fees'.

there is no "duty" on photo gear?....if that is the case...i can probably order it from HK?...my friend told me that he got his from HK at $100...which is a relatively large difference compare to a $170+tax in canada (comes to about $200 after tax)

There is no Duty...but you still have to pay GST and maybe PST. Brokerage can often be more than duty...but that really depends on the shipping company.

o...i see i see...so PST and GST are not considered duty.......i guess it will end up being something like $120-140 after the shipping and tax...still save like $50....which is not bad...haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back