where to buy used cameras

marmots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im sure this has been posted here a million times before but where is the best place to buy a used camera?

Adorama and B&H are both reputable online retailers.

thanks i am looking at adorama now

It doesn't hurt to check out your local camera shop, either.

I have had really good experience with KEH and Adorama on used equipment. Have not used B&H for anything but new, but they are a top notch company and would trust their used ratings as well.

I have had good and just a couple poor purchases on ebay on used stuff. But the poor ones were inexpensive items and somewhat expected to be lower than advertised. Overall I would say I have had a majority of good experiences on used ebay equipment.

Try ebay..just make sure its from a reputable seller....I just bought my Nikon off of ebay but its New....at first I was looking at refurbished ones but decided to buy it New since it was only a little more....I really never had any major bad experiences with buying things from ebay and if I did, paypal was right there to give me my money back if the seller didn't....

Try ebay..just make sure its from a reputable seller....I just bought my Nikon off of ebay but its New....at first I was looking at refurbished ones but decided to buy it New since it was only a little more....I really never had any major bad experiences with buying things from ebay and if I did, paypal was right there to give me my money back if the seller didn't....

+1 on that one :thumbup: When I was searching for a Canon XTi, there were prices on those sites for more than I was hoping to pay. Went to ebay and found my Canon XTi with kit lens for $366 shipped. It was in perfect condition. Also try amazon possibly.

Everything that has mentioned is good/ I've bought from Adorama, B&H, KEH, Hunts, Abes, Shutterblade and a couple others for used and new stuff with no issues.

Ebay is a good place to check, but prices fluctuate and usually lack returns/exchanges if there is an issue. Some steals are to be had there.

:thumbup: on e-bay

I bought my Sigma EX 100-300mm f/4 in like new condition for 1/2 the price of a new one. Also bought my 1.4x and 2x telextenders, tripod, ball head there for great prices.

lookin at ebay now

im sure this has been posted here a million times before ............?
Hey marmots, for future reference, like this one most forums have a search feature for just this very reason.

Another catagory you might consider is a refurbished camera. Cameras that have been refurbished are used to one degree or another. Some were factory demo's, most are returned from buyers for various reasons like buyer remorse or problems or they couldn't figure out how to use it.

The manufacturers do a routine inspection of the camera and make sure everything functions normally. Most refurbished cameras come with some type of warranty unlike a true used camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back