Where to get aluminum prints done?

AXIS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you guys have any recommendation for where to get aluminum photo prints done? Some sites seem quite expensive compared to others. Walgreens and CVS both seem to only have 4:5 ratio sizes which isn't ideal for me, but their prices are better. Id like to try having one of my photos printed out 20x30 just to see how nice it turns out (I shoot with a D610, so hopefully it should be nice?). Anyone have a recommended vendor?

I think I remember someone on here at one time recommending Bay Photo, as well?

Adorama pics does metals too. I haven't ordered from them but have heard good things.

I just got a few metal prints from Adoramapix and they're really well done. They also have some pretty good sales, helping with the cost. Their customer service is pretty good, too. Buzz got one that had a ding in it - not very noticeable but still... - and after a few minutes on the phone with them, a new one was on its way. (The dinged one is now hanging in my office at work so it worked out for me as well! :D ) I suggest the floating frame.

What do you guys think about Walgreens? They have good prices plus I can get a 25% off coupon.

edit: On second thought, I should probably go with 16x24 instead of 20x30. So walgreens isn't an option anymore.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about Walgreens? They have good prices plus I can get a 25% off coupon.

edit: On second thought, I should probably go with 16x24 instead of 20x30. So walgreens isn't an option anymore.
What do I think of Walgreens??? Well let me put it this way, I don't go to Adorama or Mpix to get my prescriptions. Enough said.

Haha, well I had a few smaller prints (8x10?) done a while back at CVS and they turned out pretty nice. But I ended up ordering a 16x24 from Adoramapix. I don't want to crop the particular photo I'm having printed to a 4:5 so Walgreens or CVS isn't really an option. It was more than I was hoping to spend but if it turns out nice it will be worth it I suppose. I may try some smaller sized ones at Walgreens just to see how they do. For their price, they would make nice gifts.

Not helpful for you OP but for anyone in the MA area, Hunt's Photo does a wonderful job with these.

Having champagne taste but a beer budget makes things tough.

I don't mind paying champagne prices, but if someone is selling similar champagne at a discount its always worth investigating.

My adorama order shipped today so I should have my print by Monday hopefully! I did notice my receipt mentioned color correction on it. Which seems odd for a b&w print?

Having champagne taste but a beer budget makes things tough.

I don't mind paying champagne prices, but if someone is selling similar champagne at a discount its always worth investigating.

My adorama order shipped today so I should have my print by Monday hopefully! I did notice my receipt mentioned color correction on it. Which seems odd for a b&w print?

I think their default is to apply correction as deemed necessary (probably just some auto algorithm) which can be applied to both color or b&w (adjust tones, for example.) You can turn that off, though, if you don't want it. I always uncheck that box.

I have one 12" x 24" metal print at home from Bayphoto. Really nice, I like it. They have a mount on the back that makes the print float off the wall a bit. The gloss is like a mirror, really shiny, I wouldn't have too many windows around if you ever want to see the actual print lol. Colors look amazing, but it's not very forgiving for any photo that isn't very sharp.

I can also say that they package their prints pretty well. I haven't ordered from anyone else, so I can't compare, but unless something heavy was dropped on the package I can't see it being damaged in any way.

Are you looking for actual aluminum (e.g. like Aluminyze.com) or are you looking for "metallic" paper (which is really normal paper but the "white" printing surface is sort of a pearlescent white instead of a flat white)?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back