Where to get prints?

Fredric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

Inspired by another thread in this forum, 10 most famous photographs, I decided I want some famous photographs hanging on my walls. I understand that original prints are priceless and priceless is just out of my budget. However, I would be willing to spend some money on a nice reproduction, although i'm having some trouble finding them on the internet.
So far there are a couple I would really like:
Henri Cartier-Bressons photo at the trainstation
Robert Capa's falling soldier
Dorothea Lange's woman
and Martin Parr's girl in an icecream shop.
I have no idea where to find these pictures, and can't find them in a high enough resolution to print ( i assume this is because of copyrights)
Any help would be great,

Fredric

Art.com is not a bad place but I have never seen one of their Premium Photo Prints up close so, I would not buy more than one to start with. Then if you like the quality, buy all you want.

Another way to proceed is to check with whoever holds the archives of for photographer and see what they have for sale. Robert Capa's archive for example is at the ICP. Home - International Center Of Photography If you don't see what you want on the website, give them a call and ask...

You may also want to keep an open mind as to what images you want. Believe it or not, a lot of photography is not that expensive. But when you look for famous images, real prints will most probably be more expansive if you can even find them. To be honest, the most famous photos are not always the most interesting one.

Btw, do you know the story of Capa's Falling Soldier?

Thanks for both sites, I'll be checking it out tomorrow.
I know a bit of the story of the Falling Soldier. More and more evidence is coming to light that the photograph was staged, although ICP is still claiming it is real...
I don't really care if it is fake or not, I really love the photograph, and i may even like it more if it is staged, i love a good story :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back