Where to shoot in VEGAS.

hacksaw35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Going to Vegas for a wedding just before new years. I am taking some wedding photos for a friend of mine. Anyone have some ideas on good spots to take photos? Thanks.

(tried this down in the Locations thread, but not much action down there)

About 45 minutes outside of Vegas is a place called Red Rock Canyon. It has a walk through visitors center with great plaques showing different things found in the area, but the big perk is just beyond that. It's the drive up to the canyon area where people can be found climbing and it has great caverns, drops, peaks, and colors. An AWESOME backdrop if you ask me. I can't wait to go back just to get in there with my camera (which I didn't have on my last trip). I hope this helps.

http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/

Are they getting married in one of the hotels? Many have beautiful gardens and fountains (eg the Bellagio)

I think some photos right in the heart of the Vegas strip would be cool, a little cliché but so are most weddings especially in Las Vegas. I think that there are so many interesting backgrounds, use a tripod and slow sync a flash, the results will be cool.

where are they getting married?
The Venetian has a beautiful outdoor gondola ride and the buildings are supposedly recreated to look like the authentic thing. Stage yourself on the walkway surrounding the canal and you could get some beautiful shots of the couple as they are rowed along.
Many of the hotels have beautiful gardens right on the grounds.
The Grand Canyon is a short drive away.

Check out Freemont st. The location is old school Vegas. To me it has much more appeal then the commercial Strip. If you have time visit Red Rock and Valley of Fire. The natural beauty of the area is more then equally incredible.

Love & Bass

If you want natural beauty, I would recommend Valley of Fire, about 45 min. north on I-15. Be aware that even in winter, the sunlight here is very harsh unless there is cloud cover. Mid-day shooting will end up with extreme highlights and very dark shadows. And also, although compared to the rest of the country our winters are mild, it can be chilly in the early am so you probably would want to stick with dusk shots for nice light (assuming the bride is wearing a dress that doesn't completely cover her shoulders and bodice.)

The strip has a number of places to take shots, best would be to look in person when you get here, depending on which side of the street (it runs roughly north-south) you would shoot either at morning or late afternoon. Also, be aware that some hotels might want a fee or permit to shoot wedding shots on their property if you have a large entourage or spend a lot of time setting up, especially with lighting equipment.

Go to the sign boneyard. That's the place they take old neon signs. You may have seen it in a tv show once and again. There is a charge, but well worth it.

Red Rock Canyon. I know this is bright, but no pics. we ever do this place justist.
9-12-07044.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back