Where We go to Eat Cake

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
480-cake-8x10-r0241-v2.jpg

now that is great! :)
the foreground is really intersting - you have those red streaks - like fire or blood - to my thinking (what with a field of popies and the WWI association - but also because it brings to mind a python sketch of eating cake in the trenches!:))

out of interest how did you get the streaks? 2 photos combind?

Look at the color! Per usual, I am a fan. It's beautiful, especially the lighting. And I love your clown!

How cool- Thank you!!

The clown, he's juggling at the moment. ... I move slow while he does that. Next are magic tricks. I'm glad he doesn't talk...

IT's a beauty.

I also think that shaft of cloud throws another element into the image.

now that is great! :)
the foreground is really intersting - you have those red streaks - like fire or blood - to my thinking (what with a field of popies and the WWI association - but also because it brings to mind a python sketch of eating cake in the trenches!:))

out of interest how did you get the streaks? 2 photos combind?

Here's some settings
f/29 @ 1/30sec. iso=200

A couple things; Underneath the grass is dead and red. There were strong gusts of wind. I think I did good by waiting between the gusts to shoot and get the grass while it was still at it's lowest point before springing back up. Sort of a fraction of a second of near-equilibrium. Although there's definitely some luck involved, I've been practicing this 'sync' technique for years shooting flowers. It's often windy here in my part of the desert.

Here's a link to a 100% crop of an 8x10 at 300 dpi.
http://aeve.com/1tpf/av/1028-detail-8x10-r0241-v2.jpg

I've tried to make use of the slight wind-blur by developing the shot slightly contrasty/sharpened to give a subtle 'impressionist-look.' I'm an admirer of the work of the painter Cezanne. I tried to let this influence me while I shot and worked on the photo.

I just sat here for 10 minutes looking for the clown.... Ha ha. :lol:

:) The clown is from Steven King's, 'It.' The quote is from the baby on the ETrade TV commercial. I am but an editor. Use Kundalini's link for more clown photos. Maybe we should all have one?- At least for a day. :biglaugh:

IT's a beauty.

I also think that shaft of cloud throws another element into the image.

Thanks. Last night I was looking at a 16x20 print of another photo I took without the cloud right before/after this. For some reason I remembered this one and that I never did anything with it.

the next question is what kind of cake are we going to eat THERE?

Hmmm. That reminds me of my second cousin on my mothers' side twice removed, used to make a helluva sponge cake.

Forgot to mention that the dead red undergrowth really does add an impact to the shot.

-------------

Last edited:
Hmmm. That reminds me of my second cousin on my mothers' side twice removed, used to make a helluva sponge cake.

Forgot to mention that the dead red undergrowth really does add an impact to the shot.

My ex-daughter inlaw makes a helluva wet cake. Very interesting, especially if she dumped in a cup of raisins.

It's really strange how the undergrowth has a furrowed look. But it's natural.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back