Whic TC for Pentax K10d & SIGMA 70-300mm F4.0-5.6 DG APO?

TwoTon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I just bought my first DSRL, a Pentax K10D, as well as a SIGMA 70-300mm F4.0-5.6 DG APO.

Which x1.4 - x2 teleconverter would you recommend for this lens?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind replies!

Cheers

TT

Well, I personally wouldn't recommend using a teleconverter with this lens. between 200-300 the lens already gets rather soft, and adding a teleconverter will just magnify (pardon the pun)the problem. In addition it's not a terribly fast lens, and if you were to add a 2x at the long end the fastest you could shoot would be f11.

If you have to get one, I suppose I would recommend the 1.4, but in general I wouldn't add one to this lens.

Nate

Thanks very much for your reply, Nate - sure's food for thought!!

Cheers

Hans

I asked a few camera stores here in Taipei about which 1.4x TC to use for the combo K10D and the SIGMA 70-300mm, and was told there is no manufacturer that makes such a TC.

I find that a tad dubious...are any of you using this combo and a TC? If so, what TC is it?

Thanks again!

Hans

Tamron makes a TC in 1.4X in pentax mount ( or did ) and Pentax has a 1.7X

Both of those are pretty highly regarded as far as i know, but they ain't cheap !!!

TC's are meant for FAST professional lenses. On that lens it will only magnifying the imperfections in that lens. I wouldnt bother

I believe you'll have to use MF if you put any kind of TC on that combo. Slower telephoto lenses are not meant to have TC's coupled with them.

Hi everyone

again, thanks for all y'all's kind input! I've decided to drop the TC idea for now until I have a faster lens. (I did find the ones Stratman mentioned, by the way)

Cheers from Taiwan

TT

Most reactions

Back